Laconic: Razor x Reader

。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。
ʟᴀᴄᴏɴɪᴄ (ᴀᴅᴊ.) Exᴘʀᴇssɪɴɢ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɪɴ ғᴇᴡ ᴡᴏʀᴅs.
。。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。。

In which a girl teaches Razor how to read.

You sighed happily as you sat against the tree, inhaling the refreshing smells of the woods. Pine needles, the earth, the tantalizing sweetness of sunsettias. Yes, Wolvendom was the perfect place to read, uninhabited, save for the wildlife, and seldom interrupted by the outside world.

You pulled your book out of your satchel and thumbed through the pages until you found your previous place. In a moment, you were caught up in the world of words, swept away into another time, another place, filled with all sorts of mysteries and excitement.

You loved coming to Wolvendom, and it wasn't like you were needed much at home anyways. So every morning you'd grab your book and call to your parents, "If you need me, I'll be reading...not that you will need me..." And then off you'd go. And they never objected.

Sighing happily, you turned the page.

"--Hurry! We can't let this evil demon cross into Delphi."
Upon hearing his words, Vera helped Ike close the door. While they were pushing back the tentacles, Vera accidentally stabbed Ike twice in the back. Thankfully, Ike's healing spells were quite potent.
"I shall explain everything to you. I am in fact--"

Snap.

You jumped, shattered out of your reading reverie. Your gaze darted from left to right, but you couldn't see a thing. Maybe it was just a squirrel.
Then there was another needling thought. What if it was a wolf?

Your blood turned cold. Wolvendom was named as such for a reason, and though you'd yet to meet a wolf, you didn't want to start today. The crunching of leaves caught your attention, and you stood suddenly.

"Who's there??" You called, feeling very foolish. If it was a wolf, of course it wouldn't answer. You swallowed hard. Oh, if only I had a Vision like Bennett...you thought. At least Bennett might be able to fend off a wolf if his luck held out.

The footsteps stopped, and a cold sweat broke out on your forehead. You stepped backward, anxiously surveying your surroundings. The footsteps resumed. You panicked, and turned away, high-tailing it away from the clearing you'd been in. You ignored the tree branches clawing at your hair and the rocks that got stuck in your shoes. You ignored the fact that you had no idea where you were going, but you had to get away from whatever had been stalking you.

You came to a screeching halt and leaned against a giant boulder to catch your breath. A metallic taste burned in your mouth and you thought your lungs might just burst. But you were safe. And at least you had--

Where's my book?!?!

You groaned and realized you'd dropped it when you'd fled. And now...you had no idea where you were. You dropped to the ground, breathing hard. This was no time to panic or feel despair. After all, if you got lost the best course of action would be to stay put until someone found you...if anyone found you. You recalled the estrangement of Wolvendom from civilization. And the fact that your parents didn't focus much on where you were.

Your face screwed up in desperation. Now what??
You dug the pebbles out of your shoes and hurled them as hard as you could into the distance. One pebble, two pebbles, three--

Someone yelped in pain and you froze.

"I-is someone there?" You said, huddling close to the boulder.