Chapter 16

The team arrived at the competition in New York about six hours later. Everyone helped unload and got their suitcases, while Abby went over and checked the team in. Abby came back a few minutes later after they had finished unloading the bus. The girls and moms followed Abby searching for the green room, so that they could start the girls’ hair and makeup. Five minutes later they found a room close to the stage that said ALDC in it. The moms and girls followed Abby in after she opened the door.

"Okay, first up are the solos." Abby said. 

Melissa and Christi nodded, starting to work on their daughter's hair. Nick sat in front of Chloe on the floor, and talked to her since she was getting her hair done, there wasn't much for her to do. Chloe was laying down on the floor in a spilt position and Nick was laying in front of her with his head propped up on his hands.

"So Chloe?" Nick said, raising an eyebrow.

"So Nick?" Chloe mocked him, trying to raise her eyebrow but failing miserably.

Chloe's face when she tried to raise her eyebrow mad Nick laugh. He had always thought she made funny faces. This one he didn’t know if it was more cute or funny. It was a little bit of both.

Maddie walked out the door and performed her solo while Chloe was getting into her costume and having Christi do her makeup. Maddie came back a few minutes later, when Chloe was about to walk out of the door to perform her solo. Maddie opened the door and almost ran into Chloe who was about to walk out.

"Chlo! You look amazing!" Maddie complemented.

"Thanks." Chloe said, pulling Maddie into a hug. Maddie kissed Chloe on the cheek. They pulled away a minute later and then Abby was shoving Chloe out the door. It came time for Chloe to perform her solo. She was back stage and was running her dance one last time with Abby.

"Do good Chloe; I know you can win another title." Abby said, giving her should er a squeeze. The announcer, announced her name and Chloe walked on stage, a sweet smile on her face. She started her routine and two minutes and thirty seconds later she was done. She was sitting on the stage in her ending position. As Chloe walked off the stage, she thought she had danced pretty good overall. Abby and her walked back to the dressing room side by side. 

Once they entered the room everyone congratulated Chloe and gave her a hug.

"Good job ladies!" Abby yelled over all the commotion in the dressing room. "I thought you both did a fabulous job." Abby said with a smile on her face.

Abby looked down at the competition schedule. "Okay next is the group dance." Abby announced.

All the mothers started working on the girls’ hair and makeup and getting them ready for the group. Chloe was somewhat nervous for the group dance because there was always this turn sequence that she messed up. Christi was done doing Chloe's hair and makeup in about twenty minutes so she was the first one to put on her costume it was really pretty. It had pink sparkles all over it, and it was a one piece that kind of looked like a summer dress. 

An hour later it was time for the group to perform and Abby was barking at the moms to hurry up and that she hated all this last minute stuff before the performances. Christi rolled her eyes along with Kelly and put a few more bobby pins in Chloe's hair. 

All the mom and girls filed out of the dressing room, following Abby towards the stage. The girls went back-stage and ran through their dance all together one last time, before they were scheduled to perform. 

Three minutes later it was the girls time to perform, they all took their beginning poses and waited for the music to start.

"Now, let's welcome to the stage, number 352, from the Abby Lee Dance Company, with Dollhouse." The announcer finished. The girls waited for the music to begin, a moment later the music started and the girls started to dance. They were getting towards the end of the number and the bug turn sequence Chloe always messed up was nearing.