Chapter 2

Chloe walked into studio A ready to learn her solo. While Abby searched for the right music for her solo, Chloe looked at the clock on the wall, 9:30 p.m. This is going to be a long night, she thought to herself. Chloe originally thought they would be here till ten at the latest but it was going to be a lot longer than that now. Chloe jumped out of her thoughts at the sound of Abby's voice. 

"Alright, Chloe. I found your music, now your solo is going to affect someone if you perform it right. Everyone in the world just wants to be happy. Well throughout your solo you are going to go from this sad person at the beginning to a very happy person at the end.

The dance had a lot of difficult turn sequences and leaps in it. About half an hour later Chloe was confident she had the basic moves down and Abby sent her to go get Maddie, Paige, and Mackenzie to learn their trio. As the girls in the trio walked in, Chloe walked out back into the dancers den. She grabbed her water bottle, and checked her phone for any new messages quickly before heading up to talk to her mom while Abby taught Maddie, Paige, and Mackenzie the trio. 

"Hey Chlobird." Christi said as her daughter sat down beside her. Kelly and Christi were the only moms left. Jill and Holly had left after their daughters learned the group dance. Then sometime when Chloe was learning her solo Melissa had stormed off and left. "How are you doing?" Christi asked. "I'm tired. Chloe said with a tired smile on her face as she took a drink from her water bottle. "But on the brightside I got all my homework done while the other girls were learning their solos." Christi nodded and started stroking her daughter’s hair as Chloe leaned her head on her mom's shoulder.

Chloe looked up a few minutes later and noticed that it had been almost forty-five minutes. She looke down and saw Abby was finishing up the trio. "Well, I guess I better go find Nick and get my shoes on." Chloe said as she got up and stretched out her back and legs again. "Do good Chlo." Both Christi and Kelly told her. Chloe nodded and started walking down the stairs that lead to the entrance of the building. All the classes were over for the night so no one was here except Abby, Kelly, Christi, Maddie, Paige, Mackenzie, Brooke, Nick and herself. Chloe decided to check the studios first to see if Nick was stretching since he hadn't danced in about three or four hours now. Chloe walked to studio B and found the lights were off and no one was in there. Next she decided to check studio C, when she opened the door she saw the lights were on and Nick was in fact sitting on the floor stretching. 

"Hey Chlo." Nick said as he saw her appear in the doorway. "Hi." She walked over next to him and started stretching her legs by going down into her splits. "You look tired." He said as he looked at her face."I am." Chloe responded as she looked back at him. "Miss Abby taught us a group dance today which we learned in an hour, then I learned my solo in about half an hour and now we have to go learn a duet at," Chloe paused as she looked over at the clock on the wall, "10:30 at night." Chloe sighed as she got up from her split and laid back on her back, looking up at the ceiling. A few minutes later she sat up and then stood up and started walking towards the door. "We should probably go, Miss Abby is probably almost ready for us." Chloe said. Nick nodded as he stood up from stretching, and walked over to Chloe who was standing at the door. 

The two of them walked into the dancers den together and saw Maddie, Paige, and Mackenzie were walking out of studio A. As they walked out of the dancers den looking as tired as ever Chloe and Nick walked into studio A, Nick held the door for Chloe as she walked in thanking him, and then he walked in after letting the door shut behind them. 

"Okay, I hope both of you have stretched." Chloe and Nick both nodded. "Good, now the music for your duet this week is a song that a lot of people will recognize." Saying this Abby walked over to the stereo and turned on their duet music as the first few notes were played on the piano, Chloe recognized the song almost immediately. "Do either of you know who sings this song?" Abby asked. Chloe raised her hand, and Abby nodded at her indicating for her to answer. "It's Safe, by Britt Nicole." Abby nodded. Chloe started to think of the lyrics she knew this song liek the back of her hand, she had heard it so many times. "So when you two do your duet, you need to tell the story that goes along with the song."