Chapter 6

Christi came back about an hour later. She has filled out and signed all the medical papers, and talked to the doctor a little more about what kinds of tests they would be doing on her daughter tomorrow morning. When Christi walked back into her daughter's hospital room, she saw Nick lying next to Chloe. Chloe had her head on his shoulder and her eyes were closed. She looked like she was sound asleep and was sleeping peacefully at that. Nick who was lying next to Chloe had his head resting in top of hers with his eyes closed also.

Christi couldn't blame the both of them it had been a long stressful day for both of them. Christ smiled and pulled out her phone and took a picture of the two cuddled up together sleeping, they were too cute together Christi thought to herself. After she took the picture she stepped out into the hallway and called Nick's mom, to tell her what had happened and asked if it was alright if Nick just stayed the night with her at the hospital.

Nick's mom agreed and told Christi that she would come see how Chloe was doing sometime tomorrow morning. Christi smiled and hanged up after talking with Nick's mom and poker her head back into her daughter's room before walking down to the cafeteria, to get some coffee. She didn't plan on sleeping tonight, she wanted to be awake if her daughter needed her. Earlier in the night when she was filling out papers Marc had come to pick up Clara and take her to Christi's grandmother, then head back to work. Christi was walking back from the cafeteria with her coffee in hand. When she saw a nurse run out of Chloe's room. Christi ran back to Chloe's room and ran in. She saw both Chloe and Nick were awake now, and Nick was sitting in one of the chairs against the wall.

Christi ran in and walked over to Chloe. "Hey Chlo! You're awake! Do you feel okay?" Christi asked quickly. "I feel fine. But a nurse came into check on me, she must have given me a shot or something because I felt a pinch in my arm, I jumped because I didn't expect it that's how Nick woke up I think. Then she looked at the monitor, her eyes went wide, then she ran out of the room. She never said anything to me." Chloe told her mom.

Christi nodded and walked over and sat on the edge of the bed where Nick had previously been laying, she started to softly stroke her daughter's hair and brushed it back away from her face. Christi saw that Chloe still had the dark circles under her eyes. "Do you want to go back to sleep?" She asked Chloe. Chloe nodded her head, and curled up against her mom. Nick watched them and saw how much Chloe meant to Christi and how much Christi meant to Chloe. They had a beautiful mother and daughter relationship. 

A few minutes later the nurse came back in with a doctor. Who was kind of rude and pretty much made it look like he pushed Christi out of the way while rolling his eyes at her. Christi turned back to Nick and made a face like she always does. Nick laughed at this which caused the doctor to turn around again.

"We are going to start doing some test on your daughter, Mrs. Lukasiak. Is that okay with you?" The doctor asked in a somewhat polite tone. It was going on three in the morning so everyone was a little cranky; Nick just looked at the time on his phone and realized this. There was no way he was going to be going to school tomorrow. He wouldn't be able to stay awake, and Chloe needed him, and he needed to know that she was safe and okay. Christi nodded her head yes to answer the doctor’s question.

After about two hours later, it was going on five a.m. and the doctor's had just left the room to go and start developing the test results to the multiple tests they had given Chloe. Chloe was in a lot of pain right now they had just drawn a lot of blood from her body to test and she was feeling light headed and as weak as ever. Nick looked over at her, after the doctor's left. Christi had tried to stay awake, but had fallen asleep around 4:00 a.m. Nick could see Chloe was trying to be quiet, wanting to let her mom get some sleep. Nick got up and walked over and laid beside Chloe again. She curled up into his chest in a little ball. Nick played with her hair, tucking the little blonde fly-a ways behind her ear.

Not even a minute later Nick felt something wet hit his blue t-shirt, he looked down and Chloe had her head buried in his chest, and she let out a big sob that made her shoulders shake violently. Nick leaned down and whispered in her ear, "What's the matter beautiful?" Chloe picked her head up, and looked at him with tears streaming down her face. "Where does it hurt Chlo?" Nick asked gently. "My head and my stomach is starting to hurt now too." She said whimpering. Chloe looked up at Nick then she looked over at her mom who was still asleep in the chair.

Nick laid him and Chloe back down, trying to calm her down as much as possible. A few minutes later Christi woke up and heard her daughter talking she smiled, and looked up to see Nick laying next to Chloe. Then she noticed Chloe's face was really red, and it looked like she had been crying. Christi stood up concern written all over her face. "You feel okay Chloe?" Just then Christi knew something was going to happen. Chloe got ghostly pale as Nick stood up and let Christi sit beside her. Christi stood up and ran out of the room to get a nurse knowing something was going to happen. Nick stayed in the room with Chloe. A minute later Christi ran back in with a nurse. Chloe looked extremely pale now.

Chloe was beginning to feel like she did when she first fell at dance when Nick lifted her. The black dots came into her vision, making her vision fade in and out. Her head started to spin the nurse helped her up and asked Chloe some questions. Chloe tried to respond but her voice wouldn't speak. Chloe opened her mouth to answer the nurse’s question, but then felt herself not being able to breathe. Chloe started to choke, gasping for air. The nurse laid her back down on the bed, and grabbed a breathing tube that was nearby trying to reopen Chloe's airways. Nick watched as Chloe started to shake again just like she had when she fell at the studio. Nick walked out of the room he couldn’t watch her go through this again, he loved her too much.