Chapter 8

Chloe woke up the next morning. She looked in front of her and saw her mom asleep in one of the chairs. Then she looked beside her and saw Nick asleep. He must have stayed here all night she thought to herself. She smiled to herself at the thought of his sweetness.

Chloe looked around the room, looking for something to do. She then saw that her iPhone sitting on the table beside Nick. She reached over and grabbed her phone as quietly as she could, not wanting to wake her mom or Nick up.

Around 8 a.m. Chloe looked to her side and noticed Nick was starting to stir in his sleep, so he was about to wake up. Chloe went back to playing Happy Jump on her phone and soon enough she heard another voice whisper her name.

Chloe looked up from her phone to see her mom still sleeping, and Nick now awake looking at her.

"Hi." She whispered, locking her phone and putting it back on the table, turning to look at Nick.

"How long have you been up?" He asked looking at her, she looked a lot less tired than she did yesterday, which was a good thing. She hadn't slept in almost twenty-eight hours until she fell asleep after she ate dinner last night.

Chloe looked over at the monitor, checking the time. "About two hours." She said simply.

"You could've woke me up." Nick said looking at her.

"Yeah, but I didn't want to, you needed to sleep." She said, looking over at her mom who was still asleep.

As soon as Chloe did this, Nick knew what was going on. He had known Chloe basically since she was one and a half, he could read her like an open book. Nick reached over and grabbed her hand, rubbing small circles over the back and then leaned forward planting a kiss on her temple.

Chloe looked away from her mom and over at Nick. She gave a small smile. Nick saw right through the smile, he knew she was nervous about going to Ohio and having the surgery done, as anyone in this situation would be.

"I know you're nervous Chlo. You can talk to me if you want." Nick said offering her a smile; he kept repeating the pattern of rubbing small circles into the back of her hand, trying to calm her.

Chloe just stared at the wall in front of her, finally she turned to face Nick. He noticed right away her eyes were watery. He walked over and climbed into the bed next to her, lying on his back and pulling her into him.

Chloe started to cry harder, she had tears streaming down her face. "What if I can never dance again? What if I don't make it through the surgery? What if I die on the way to the hospital?!" She started shrieking.

"Shh...Shh." Nick whispered into her ear. "I promised you, that you would be fine, and when you wake up I'm going to be right there beside you." He whispered, leaning down and kissing the top of her head, which was still buried in his chest.

Chloe picked her head up off his chest. "I hope your right." She said with quite a lot of nervousness in her voice. She layed back down. Nick picked up a lock of her silky blonde hair and twirled it around his finger. Whenever he would reach for another strand to twirl, his fingers would lightly brush against Chloe's neck, making her giggle.

Nick and Chloe just laid there for awhile, with Nick twirling different locks of Chloe's hair. About an hour later, Christi woke up, she looked up at Chloe and Nick, she smiled and then turned to look at the clock. It was 9 a.m. 

"Hey you two." Christi said as she sat up and stretched. Christi and Nick had been in the hospital every hour since Chloe had been brought here. "Nick can I talk to you out in the hallway?" Christi asked.

"Sure Mrs. Lukasiak." He responded getting up from lying next to Chloe and walking over to open and hold the door leading to the hallway. Christi walked through and told him thank you. Once they were both out in the hallway. Christi explained to Nick that he would be going to Ohio with her and Chloe.

"So, will you go with us?" Christi asked, after explaining to Nick the deal that her and his mom had made. 

"Of course." Nick responded. Nick was willing to do anything for Chloe, and right now he was thinking about how strong of feelings he had for her.

After Christi and Nick discussed more about what was going to be happening they went back in and sat with Chloe. Christi after asking Chloe and Nick if they wanted anything to eat then went and got breakfast from the cafeteria. 

A few minutes later Christi came back with a bagel for her, a cinnamon bagel and a bottle of orange juice for Nick and she brought Chloe some cinnamon drench toast sticks with orange juice to drink also.

Over the course of a few hours after they had finished their breakfast doctors came into talk to Christi and get Chloe ready to leave to be transported to the Cleveland Clinic. The doctors pulled Christi out into the hallway to talk privately. Nick walked over and squeezed Chloe's fingers.

"Are you nervous?" He asked. looking at her.

"A little." She replied looking at their hands, Nick noticed she was staring at their hands intertwined and pulled his hand away quickly, having a slight rosy color appear on his cheeks in the process.

A while later Nick was in Chloe's room helping her get ready. Christi still had not come back. While Nick was helping Chloe up by supporting her by wrapping an arm around her waist. Christi walked in at Nick was helping Chloe walk over to where her bunny slippers sat by the door, Christi walked in with a stressed out look on her face.

Nick and Chloe both knew not to bother her, and just let her calm down a little. About an hour later Chloe was ready and the doctors would be here in about forty-five minutes to help escort Chloe, Christi and Nick up to where they would fly in a helicopter to the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

After making sure everything was reading Chloe, Christi and Nick decided to just talk a little bit since Christi had finally calmed down; soon there was a knock on the door and Nick's mom walked in with a duffle bag filled with clothes for Nick, since he was going to be staying with Christi and Chloe in Cleveland.

"Hey. I just came to say good luck and to drop Nick's bag off." Nick's mom said with a smile. 

"Thanks." Chloe said from where she was sitting up in bed, Nick was sitting beside her rubbing circles on her back because earlier when they were getting ready Chloe had been complaining that her back hurt.

Christi talked to Nick's mom some more, and then soon enough she had to get back to work. She walked over to Nick and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and told him that she loved him and to take care of Chloe. When Chloe heard this, it made her giggle.

Nick's mom finished her goodbyes then she left and the doctors walked in, they escorted Chloe, Christi ad Nick to the helicopter that was on the roof and would be taking them to Ohio.  When they got to the top of the hospital, they opened the door to the helicopter and helped Chloe in and then Nicn and Christi got in and sat beside her. One of them sitting on each side of her. The pilot shut the door and locked the door after telling them to fasten their seatbelts. The pilot started the helicopter and then the next thing Chloe, Christi and Nick knew, they were on there way to the Cleveland Clinic to help Chloe get the medical attention she desperately needed.