Chapter 7

Nick walked out of Chloe's hospital room, not being able to stay in there and watch Chloe shake and have no control over her own body. A few minutes later a few doctors pushed Christi out of the room and closed the door. Christi sighed defeated, and walked over to a wall, sliding down, and putting her head in her hands.

Nick sat down beside her. "How is she doing?" He asked.

Christi looked up, her face red and tears streaming down her face. 

"I don't know." She cried, putting her face back in her hands. "All I know is that when they pushed me out of the room, they were yelling that they couldn't find a pulse, and that her heartbeat was getting slower." Christi cried, scared that her little girl might not live to see another day.

Thirty minutes later, the doctors opened the door. Christi jumped up and ran over to them. "Is she okay?" She asked the doctors. Nick got up and walked over, standing next to Christi to see what the doctors had to say about Chloe.

"She is stable now, but we almost lost her." Christi sighed, hearing that her daughter was still alive. 

"Is there anything we can do to help? Christi asked.

"Not at this time. No, but we are going to send her to the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio because if she has one more seizure, it will kill her and there is nothing that we can do to stop it." The doctor said with seriousness. 

Nick's face went pale, he turned as white as a ghost hearing this. This scared him he couldn’t imagine going to dance everyday and not seeing Chloe.

"When will you be flying her over to the hospital in Ohio?"

"Tomorrow, at 1 p.m. You will be able to ride with her. Just make sure you are here on time."

Christi nodded choking back tears. "I'm going to go make a few phone calls; I will be back in a bit." Christi said looking at Nick. Nick nodded and told Christi to take her time. 

After Christi walked away Nick walked back into Chloe room. Now Chloe didn't look anything like herself now. She was pale and looked like she could barely keep her eyes open. Nick had never seen Chloe like this, to see her look so, broken and vulnerable, it completely broke his heart.

Christi had walked down to the cafeteria to grab her and Nick a bagel for breakfast since it was going on 7 a.m. While she was down in the cafeteria, Christi called Melissa, Kelly, Holly, Jill, Nick's mom and Abby. to explain what was going to happen tomorrow and if they wanted to come see Chloe one last time before they leave for Ohio. All of them responded with saying they would come visit her today.

 After Christi had gotten the bagels she walked back to the hospital room. When she walked in she saw Chloe had a smile on her face and was laughing, Christi was confused at her daughters actions then saw that Nick was sitting beside her telling her a funny story. Christi loved that Nick would always be there for Chloe when she needed someone. Now, what would happen when they leave for Cleveland? Christi was sure that Nick's mom wouldn't let him go, even though they were about to get off for a four day break after the school day ends today. Christi walked over to Nick and handed him his bagel he thanked her, and turned and turned back to Chloe. 

"You want a piece?" Nick asked her taking the bagel and splitting it in half. Chloe shook her head no. "Come on Chlo, you haven't eaten since last night, and I know you're hungry." He said holding half of the bagel out for her to take.

Chloe smiled, and then reached out to take the half of the bagel Nick was holding out to her. Chloe took a bite, and swallowed, the bagel was cinnamon, her favorite.

"Thanks Nick." Chloe said, getting Nick's attention from where he was looking out the door. When he turned around and looked at her, he had a look of confusion on his face.