Chapter 12

Disha's POV

“Would you be my boyfriend?" The pen from his hand falls on the floor. The sound of it falling gets mixed with students chattering. His eyes widens and lips parts in shock.

Was it that much shocking?

“What?" he says it giving me a ‘you are jocking right' look. And before I can ask him again professor enters the class.

“Students we have two new students who have joined our class today. Can we have them here for a short introduction." his voice booms in the class as his eyes roams all over the classroom to see some unknown faces. We both leave our seat. As we walk towards the front everyone's eyes follows our movement. I don't let that bother me as I walk with confidence towards the professor who looks like he is in mid forties wearing a white wrinkless shirt neatly tucked in his straight pants. The blue tie neatly tied on his neck. His grey hair neatly combed. His eyes stern. He looks like a perfectionist.

I can hear whispering of students as I pass by them. Some of them must have recognised me. We both greet the professor. As I greet him instantly his eyes shines with recognition. He tells us both to introduce ourselves. Rohan goes first.

“Hey guys myself Rohan Ahuja. I have lived my whole life in America. I just recently have settled here. I am very humorous but my friends back at American say otherwise. My friends zone as well as girlfriend zone is empty and if anyone wants to fill it they are most welcome......” he winks at few girls. Everyone ends up laughing at that including me but he receives a glare from the professor “and the position of best friend is already taken by this girl....." He points to me “so forget about that." He bows like a gentleman and steps behind.

If he said that he was nervous earlier then that was all a big lie as right now listening to his speech he doesn't looks little bit of nervous.

I take a step ahead “Myself Disha Singh. I am sure everyone of you already knows that and if you don't I am sure you will in few days. Hope we all get along." With that I come to my earlier place.

In the middle of the period Rohan pushes his book to me. I glance at it and see some characters. It says ‘what was that earlier'. I write back ‘what'  and pass the book to him. From my peripheral vision I see him moving his pen on a paper. After few seconds he passes me the book.

‘The confession and also your speech. But I'm more curious about the former one so you can tell me that first.' it says.

“Wait till break." I whisper to him. I hear him groaning in irritation. I don't know why I asked him to be my boyfriend. And I am not backing out from that now. But I don't know what to say to him during break.

I like you.

But it's not reasonable since we have just met or it is? Isn't there things like love at first sight. Why not have a boyfriend since I had only one boyfriend my whole life which didn't turned out well.

I meet him in the cafeteria during the break. His frequent glances towards the entrance told me that he is waiting for me. I take the seat infront of his. As soon as he sees me I get hit by his question.

“So now explain."

“Can't I order a coffee first?" I say.

“Oh I already have so you don't have to go..... now spit."

“The thing which you is telling me to explain is a simple confession. What is there to explain?" I say. I lean back on the chair and glance around. Everyone is busy in their own thing and I hope that it remains like that for a whole year. My eyes stop on him as he contemplates whatever I have said. His lips parts from time to time as if he wants to say something but latter decides not to.