18 just in time

Sean and Alistar walked in, not seeing anyone around, which earned Alistar a confused look from Sean.

"They're all patrolling the important areas. The exits and cells." he explained. They silently walked around the large house, hardly seeing anyone on the way until they made it to the prison door, seeing it unmanned.

"I feel like this door should be guarded." Sean said and Alestare only nodded, a ghost of a smile on his face.

"It's always guarded. It's a good thing you're not queasy." he said as he unlocked the door, seeing one man unconscious on the ground and the other one looking furious with a gag in his mouth, and hands tied behind his back.

"Vince, what happened?" Alistare asked in face concern, making sure Sean stayed hidden behind the door.

"That brat! She locked me in like this, and killed Felix!" he said, angrily pointing to the man lying lifeless on the ground.

"Good." Alistar said and silently shot the man before he could register his response. "Good news, Annya broke out." he said, turning to Sean as they walked away from the door.

"Bad news?" he asked, following the man.

"We don't know where she is or what condition she's in. but if we used the bodies as bread crumbs, we might be able to retrace her steps and find her before something happens." Alistar said without looking back and Sean nodded as they walked silently, Until they found their first dead body. The men looked at eachother pointedly before they kept walking in the same direction finding even more dead bodies. They were a few hallways away from the back door when they heard Annya's screams fill the air. Sean instinctively started running in the direction, but was held back by the bodyguard, who held a finger to his lips. As they got closer to the sound, they heard Alex begging someone to stand down.

Sean would never have thought Alex was capable of sounding so scared, but he had to remember that he was the reason Annya was in this mess.

The closer they got, the quieter they moved, trying to hear the conversation when she creamed again, but she sounded weaker this time.

"Fine, then kill her. We don't need to do all this." they heard Alex argue. Sean's blood was starting to boil, but he forced himself to stay calm to hear the rest of the conversation.

"Oh, don't worry, King, you will. Let me just show her what it's like to be treated like a lady before she goes." another man said. Sean was about to charge into their hallway when an arm reached out to stop him. He looked over, seeing Alistar with a blank face, but his eyes betrayed his fury.

"Do you know him?" Sean whispered, and Alistar just nodded. Sean was about to ask who it was when Alex's booming voice echoed in the hallways.

"UNCLE, STOP!'' The men made one final turn, popping their heads around the corner to see Alex with desperation and anger in his eyes, and tears running down his normally cold hard face. He was pointing his gun towards a man that was holding Annya by the hair and squeezing her side that seemed to be gushing blood. Sean couldn't take his eyes off of her weak and fragile form, pail faced and hardly able to stand.

"What will you do, boy? Kill me? Where will that lead you? What will happen when everyone sees your dead uncle, sister and a house full of dead mobsters? What conclusion would that give people. You'll be kicked out, on the streets. I can raise you to power higher than you could ever imagine." the man laughed, but Alex's resolve didn't waver.

"I don't care. I'm out. Just leave her alone." Alex demanded, but that only made the man laugh harder, moving Annya's frail body with his movements. She didn't even have enough energy to fight against small movements. Upon closer inspection, Sean was able to see all her bruises and split lips, only fuling his anger.