9- home, sweet home

"Wait. mob?" Sean asked, but no one responded.

"Why would I be voted out?" Alex asked, offended, making Annya scoff.

"Please." Annya scoffed. "Get your head out of your ass, Alex. You're already shit at your job without the added grief." Annya and Alex were discussing Mafia business like it was nothing, completely forgetting about Sean in the back seat trying to keep up.

"What does that mean?" Alex started to yell, but Annya kept her eyes on the read, again, like it was nothing.

"The way you're running things could use some improvement. " she shrugged and Alex waited for examples.

"You don't listen to your people, for starters."

"What do you mean?"

"Alex, I sent you those songs because I knew they had something to do with all this and you just shut me down, saying I was hearing what I wanted to hear. Well guess what, Alex. I was right. If you had listened to me, no one if this could have happened. Not only are you prideful, but you're not the brightest. The fact that you're really not that observant, you don't know how to take criticism, or anything you don't agree with. , and your moves have essentially no complex strategy. That's the difference between you and dad and. We both know you were promoted because you're older, so don't think you're the boss until you act like one."

"You've been on your own too long." he dismissed, trying to stay calm.

"They were warnings, Alex, and you just brushed them off! Dad would have at least entertained the idea!" They were both fuming at this point, but Annya kept her face composed. The rest of the car ride was silent until they reached a hotel a few hundred miles out. They all got out and walked towards the reception's desk.

"Don't say anything, and keep your head down" Annya said to Sean as they walked in. As soon as a woman who looked to be in her young 30's she noticed Alex and started addressing him in Russian.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" she asked Alex, as she looked up from under her fake lashes. Her blond hair was pulled back, but she tugged on a few strands, trying to make it look messy.

"I would like two rooms please." Alex responded in a soft voice that always gets him what he wants. Annya looked at Sean, rolling her eyes in disgust at what she was seeing, already knowing Alex's plans for the night.

As crazy as everything is, Sean was able to see who Annya really was and if he was honest, he liked her a lot more, seeing her be herself. Obviously he's not okay with how comfortable she was with the killing, but he liked how playful and free she felt, and how hot she was when she took control. Too bad he was too scared of her to admit that last part to anyone. After a while, Alex handed Annya and Sean the keys to their room. After a quick look, Annya was obviously confused. To which Alex explained in English to try to intimidate Sean.

"We all know he can't handle himself if something happens. Someone has to stay with him. You happen to care about who lives and dies, and I don't give two fucks about what happens to the kid." Alex's cool tone creeped out Sean, but he was careful not to show any indication, while Annya huffed in annoyance.

"Well we need new clothes if we're gonna blend in." she said, looking up at her brother. He rolled his eyes as he guided them to the mall section of the hotell and within an hour, they each took about a week's worth of clothes to keep them going. They decided to take everything up to their rooms and freshen up before they regroup in the morning.

As Alex went into the room across the hall, Annya and Sean were finally alone. To avoid having to talk about anything, Annya opened the door to what looked like a small apartment with two separate bedrooms and a dining room and kitchen.

AnastasiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara