12- the final straw

"Annya. We were practicing and then something happened. She just lost it and ran. I was hoping she would be in our room or with you." Sean took the ice pack, pressing it to his ribs since it was the worst bruise he had. He saw Alex place the room furiously before he threw his glasses on his desk.

"What happened last night?" he suddenly asked, taking Sean by surprise.

"What. happened, Sean?" Alex emphasized every word, approaching like a predator before it attacks.

"I don't know. Everything was fine and then she got upset, i made her food, and read to her until she fell asleep." Sean was praying Alex wouldn't ask about why she was upset, but there was no such luck. Sean just stood there thinking of how to put his proposal in a way that wouldn't get him killed, but he figured he would get killed if he made Alex wait any longer for an answer. So he took a breath and cleared his throat..

"I may have suggested that she come back to the states." he stated quietly and then sped to his explanation before Alex could get mad. Or maybe he was already mad, his face was emotionless which terrified Sean even more.

"I felt as though the further away she was, the safer it would be for her. I know it's not my place, but it just came out." The one thing Alex hated most was fumbling, especially coming from the man who was trying to win his sister's heart. After a while of silence, Alex simply dismissed him, but Sean stood there, frozen in confusion. When Alex turned back around to see Sean was still there, his booming voice echoed around the room . "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING STANDING THERE? I SAID YOU WERE DISMISSED!" and with that, Sean ran out of the room and into his, hoping to see Annya there. Today just wasn't his day.

Once inside, he saw Annya packing her things as silent tears slid down her face, not noticing he was there until he placed a hand on hers to stop her. She ignored him, as she took her hand away and continued packing.

"Annya" He tried, but there was no response, she wouldn't even look at him.

"Annya what's-"

"I'm going to stay with Alex and hire one of my people to train you until I can get you a ticket out of here." she interrupted, sniffing, but didn't stop what she was doing.

"I don't want you to go, and I don't want another trainer. And I'm sure as hell not leaving without you." The last part was a joke, but he noticed how she had more tears running down her face. He grabbed both her arms to make her face him, ignoring the pain it caused him.

"Look at me" he said sternly, but her eyes didn't move from the floor.

"Annya, I said look at me." he said in a strong, sure tone that got her attention, but not the kind he wanted, but at least he got it. She looked up at him,furious.

"Who the hell are you to talk to me like that?" she seethed.

"What is going on?" he asked quietly, pain evident in his voice and in turn, her heart.

"Go take a look in the mirror" she instructed. It was quiet, but held power. To humor her, he let go of her shoulders to walk to the bathroom, his breath caught at the man staring back at him, but not looking at all like him. His face was so bruised, it was all swollen, his lips were torn to pieces, there were prominent hand prints on his neck, and his torso was more black, red and blue then his actual tan. His nose was obviously broken, two black eyes, and probably at least one fractured rib based on his pained breathing. If anyone were to see him, they wouldn't believe that just one small person could do all this damage. He took one painful breath and started his way back into her room, where Annya was closing her duffel bag.