11-proposal

"You won't find anything" he heard a soft voice behind him, making him jump.

"Smooth", she joked.

"What the hell, Annya? Where did you come from?"

"Bathroom, where you left me" she started, then fell backwards onto the couch, dramatically with her hand over the forehead, looking away with her head on his lap.

"Cold and neglected." when he just raised his eyebrows at her, she quickly got up, staring at him. "I thought we had something, Sean. do I not mean anything to you anymore?" after he still didn't say anything, she raised her eyebrows.

"I wasn't the one that shut the door between us," he responded, looking just as hurt. He figured playing along would keep her occupied for a while.

"Because you turned away from me. Do you not find me attractive, sean?" she asked, in her normal joking tone.

"I feel like your brother would throw me into a wood chipper if i answered with either answer" he chuckled, making Annya laugh.

"I might save you, depending on your answer."

"I'm not too big on life or death risks." he said, shaking his head.

"Good call" she responded, pointing a carrot at him.

"Hold up. Where did you get a carrot?" he asked, stealing it out of her hand and throwing it in his mouth.

"The same place where I got the grapes. I snuck in some food." she said, jumping off the couch to retrieve a duffel bag full of every kind of food. Mainly candies and chips, but there were some fruits and vegetables sprinkled in there.

"Your brother knows." Sean said as he looked at how much was in there.

"No he doesn't" she disagreed.

"Annya, I think he would notice a huge Duffle with only snacks in there" Sean said looking up at her, only to see her staring back. The contentment in her eyes sent chills down his spine.

"Wanna bet?" she asked, with one hand still rummaging deep in the bag.

"Yah, actually" he said, genuinely enjoying this side of her.

"Okay. what will you get if you win?" she asked, pulling her hand out with carrots to hand them over. He grabbed them, thinking over his terms. He knew what he wanted, he just didn't know if he should put it on the table, but he figured it was time for him to grow some balls, especially considering who he's been spending time with the last few days.

"When I win," he corrected, looking pointedly at her, earning him an eye roll. "I want you to come back to the states with me." The offor came out a lot stronger than he felt. He waited in anticipation as her face finally grew serious. She took the bag off the couch and sat in its place in front of sean. Although she has constantly overpowered him every time they fought, he was sure she could easily hide behind him.

"Sean, this is my home. This is where my life is. I can't just leave everything." her voice was soft, almost as if she was hurting too.

"There's a reason you came to the states. It's dangerous here, Annya. And I don't care if we have to constantly move to keep you safe. I know you can handle it, but I can't go home not knowing if you will make it to the next day." she looked down for a minute before looking back up at him.

"Fear is a powerful aphrodisiac." she said, without any emotions in her voice before standing up and leaving for her room. Sean kicked himself for even bringing it up, but at least she knows where he stands. With a deep breath, and a broken heart, he walked to his room, and gently closed the door. They stayed in their rooms for a few hours reading books they bought from the hotell mall since they weren't allowed technology. When he got hungry, he started rummaging through the fridge to see if anything was in there and to his surprise, it was full. He decided to make some pasta and grilled cheese. He set up her plate with a bottle of water and gently knocked in her door like so many other times. After a while, he saw the doorknob movie before the door was hardly ajar, to keep him from seeing her red, puffy eyes.