17-Betrayal

"Why did Alex send you rather than Annya?" his voice stayed calm, and his gun stayed in place.

"I don't know. We don't ask questions. We just do as we're told." he said, exasperated.

"Do you know what's happening to Annya?"

"All we know was she disappeared for a few months and then ran off to America. No one knows why she's back." he responded, but didn't sound like he cared.

"Who told you this?" Alestar was compromising, so Sean slightly lowered his gun, but it was now pointed at his shoulder, rather than his head.

"Alexander." Sean narrowed his eyes in suspicion, Alex seemed to be keeping a lot of secrets.

"Where did she go for the few months she was missing?"

"No one knows exactly."

"Why did she run to america?"

"I guess the death of her parents had finally gotten to her. Alexander did everything to try and look for her, but she knew how to stay hidden." Another secret. Another lie. Everything was starting to point to Alex.

"Did you know she was being hunted?" Sean knew the answer, but he wanted to make sure. Suddenly Alestar's head snapped back to Sean, who put his gun down, but kept it in his hand.

"Shit." he whispered. "We were just told she ran away." there was genuine surprise in his eyes, expression and voice, making Sean put his gun away.

"By Alex." Sean grunbeled.

"By Alex." Alistar seemed to come to the same conclusion and suddenly started driving with urgency, not caring about stop lights or cars in the way as he smoothly swerved in and out of lanes.

"Where are we going?" Sean yelled, trying to hold onto something.

"The airport. I need to get rid of my phone and exchange cars." he said, his voice showing concern.

"Then where are we going?"

"Probably the prison house. Alexander isn't known to be the clever one of the family." Alestare mumbled the last part, probably to himself.

"Not that I'm complaining, or anything ,but why are you helping? Why are you breaking orders?" Sean asked, trying not to throw up.

"Everyone knows about the division of the clan, and the only thing worse than a traitor, is a traitor against their own blood. If Alexander lied to us, making Annya look like a deserter, putting more people on his side." he said it like it was a matter of fact, but he didn't sound bored or annoyed. He was invested in the conversation.

"And who's side are you on?" Sean asked and Alistar linked at him through the rear view mirror, meeting the boy's eyes.

"The clever one." he responded with a sly smile.

Alistar wasted no time throwing his phone out the window and running over it before he parked and jumped out, with Sean right behind him as they started power walking until Alistar seemed to have found what he was looking for. He looked around before he pulled something out of his sport coat and walked over to the driver's side of a black Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300. Sean had spent enough time working in garages to know some of the fastest cars in the world. Alistar seemed to be having some trouble and they were both getting impatient.

"Here. I got it. You be look out." Sean finally whispered, coming beside the man who looked at him like he was crazy, but Sean tilted his head to the front of the car, telling him to go. Alistare let out a breath and did as he was instructed and a few minutes later, the door was open, and the men were trading spots.