XXVI ; and now i just set in silence.

« hemmings »

"Ow fuck," was the first thing I said before even opening my eyes. From beside me I heard a giggle but it wasn't my main importance considering the fact that my ass was throbbing.

"C'mon we've got to get to Cal's house." Michael whispered running his fingers through my hair and massaging my scalp in the process.

"'M comfy."

"Luke," he whined as I felt a weight lifted from the bed, I cracked an eye open to see him walking across the room picking up his clothing.

"Why do we have to go?" I sat up rubbing the sleep from my eyes as he turned around, sadly with underwear on.

I wanted to examine his body like any other guy would, but I couldn't because well, it made me a little too sad to see the scars littering his lower abdomen, how he didn't wear short boxers, or noticing the way that even having sex -- he still wore his bracelets.

"Because I'm leaving, today." He said muffling the end of his sentence by throwing his shirt over his head.

I felt my stomach drop as my mouth went dry, "y-yeah that."

He smiled sadly walking to the edge of the bed and sitting on the corner as of distancing himself, "Luke I'm sorry, but this is a big deal for us, and hopefully one day you'll see."

"See what? That you're leaving me to be with him, in a different country? Where are you going, where is it Michael, why won't you even tell me where in America?"

"Because Lukey, I don't want you coming after me."

"Fuck you."

"I would say you already did but the thing is, I fucked you." He smirked.

"Go, go wherever you're going. Just be away from me." I growled as he stood from the bed.

"Listen Luke, no matter where I am I promise you'll be on my mind -- hell you're always on my mind. And when I'm where I'm going just know, I'm doing this for you. And Luke, the second I get off the plane I promise to text you, because I still want to keep in touch." He licked his lip looking down at the floor making me feel a slight ache in my heart, but not enough to show I cared.

"What even are we." I asked -- no, demanded.

"Friends who can't keep promises." He whispered before walking out, just walking out on that note.

I sat there stunned by his departure, I'd expected something more promising. Maybe an "I love you," I don't know just something to give me closure that he really did care, because without him I was lost -- and now I don't know where to find him.

It was making me angry, so I did what I knew best when I was angry and wrecked everything.

I got off my bed wincing at the sudden pain but ignored it seconds later as I pulled on a pair of underwear and screamed.

"I hate you."

Broken mirror.

"I love you."

Bloodied knuckles.

"Fucking bastard."

Broken photo frame.

"Asshole."

Ripped photograph.

"I wish you would die."

Broken promise.

And that's how I spent my day, breaking everything and screaming until my throat was burning and my voice was weak, occasionally my mom would pass by and tell me something but she knew better than to come in on me in this state.

The thing is I waited, and waited for that text from him signaling that he kept his promise. I stayed up until the sun had fallen into darkness, I stayed up until the sun had risen against the pale morning sky.

But he never texted me.

Calum texted me though, he told me Ashton had told him they'd arrived safely and were getting a hotel as he texted me. So that meant Michael was avoiding me, and once again he was out of my life as if we'd not spent the night together -- as if I hadn't seen him in the worst state ever, as if we'd never made up.

Just like those six years before.

I was left alone and confused, just wondering where my best friend was.

But the thing is this time, he left me with closure.

And a broken promise.

But the thing that hurt the most was for the next three days, I still sat by my phone staring at the blank screen hoping he would send a text maybe telling me his phone was lost or dead. Though it never came, I still sat there in dead silence just thinking of scenarios where he would come back to me, and we could be happy, together.

But he was just there -- where?

That I don't know.

I'm sure he's happy with Ashton.