Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Katrina’s POV

I looked into the crowd of campers, daring them to comment on our kiss. Then a girl stepped forward, she had curly blonde hair, and grey eyes.

“Hi. My name’s Annabeth.”

“Hi. Like I said, that’s Cera, and I’m Katrina.”

“Come with me… there are some girls I think you two should meet.”

I looked at Cera, “Mine as well.” Then I followed the girl out of the courtyard, Cera trailing behind. Some of the campers were staring at us so I smiled sweetly at them then flipped them off.

“Well… she sure is you child.” I heard the horse-man say to Apollo

“You guys better stop staring at me before I do something that I’m not going to regret.”

One girl snorted, “What you going to do about it.” She had completely fake blonde hair, with to much make-up and all brand-name clothes. I snapped my fingers and smiled at her as her hair began to smoke, she screamed and the camper around her backed away, then I snapped my fingers again and the smoke stopped. “Next time I won’t put the fire out.”

Annabeth chuckled and we started walking again. She led us into a cabin that had lightning flashing around it, “This is Zeus’s cabin,” she explained. In the cabin there were a bunch of girls lying around and two making out in the corner.

“C’mon!” one of them complained, “JEAZE! That is NOT something I should have to see my sister do!”

“Yah! Me neither!” agreed another.

I snickered. “I wonder how long it’ll be before we’re creeping out MY siblings like that.” I said to Cera. All the girls looked up at us.

“What are you  doing here!” demanded one.

“Hey!” Cera protested, “Annabeth’s the one that brought us here!”

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

MacKenzie’s POV

I was slightly embarrassed about the two girls seeing me making out with Caitlin, I mean I’d ever even met them before! But they seemed relaxed, and not at all disgusted by the fact that we were both girls.

“Why did you bring them here?” asked Thalia curiously, turning on Annabeth

“They’re new.” She explained, “and they seem… quite interesting. Or at least that’s what the rest of the camp thinks… you should’ve seen how Katrina introduced the two of them.”

“It went something like this,” explained the short Indian girl, “Hi I’m Katrina, and this is Cera, My girlfriend.” And then she kissed the other girl.

Madeline laughed, “Wow… that must have made quite the first impression. I’m Madeline. This is MacKenzie, Caitlin, Thalia, Kaiti, and Alii.”

“Hi everybody.”

“So… tell us about yourselves.”

“How ‘bout this… we’ll each go around and tell each other one thing about ourselves… that way I don’t feel so put on the spot.” Suggested Cera, I think these two would fit in perfectly with us… I wonder if they have powers like us?

“I’ll start,” said Madeline, “I’m deathly afraid of water because my best friend’s father tried to drown me when I was little.”

“I enjoy torturing people and I’m currently debating on whether or not to kill Kaiti.” Muttered Alii

“I’m lesbian.” Said MacKenzie

“I’m Bi” followed Caitlin

“I’m the leader of te hunters of Artemis.” Said Thalia

“Wait?! What are the hunters of Artemis?”

“Basically a bunch of immortal teenage girls that have sworn off love and run around the country killing monsters with the goddess of the moon.”

“Fair enough… well I can set things o fire with the snap of my fingers and  I glow  orange and levitate myself and other things when I’m mad.”

We looked shocked but then Cera spoke, “I can shape shift, breath under water, and talk to horses and I glow blue when I’m mad.”

“well that answers my question…”  I muttered

Madeline smiled, “Welcome to the club. All of us… except Annabeth and Thalia… have special powers that most half bloods don’t. I guess you guys are like us. Alii and Caitlin can instantly torture people, Kaiti’s hair turns into tentacles and grows extremely fast, Mackenzie can control  electricity, and I basically can do anything involving magic. And we can all talk in  our minds and stuff.”

Cera looked at Kaiti, “You never told us something about you.”

“Hi,” she said, “I’m pregnant.”

“Fair enough,” said Katrina, “But you don’t look pregnant.”

“Yah, neither do I” said Annabeth, “I think it’s just a demigod thing… but that doesn’t stop the morning sickness.”

“Ew.”

“Yah.”

For the next half hour we lay around in mine and Thalia’s cabin and just talked.  Then it was time for dinner. We walked to the dining pavilion together and split up to go to our different tables. Katrina was just meeting her brothers and sisters, but she broke the ice by telling a few jokes, and soon they were all goofing off and having fun. Kaiti still didn’t get along with her siblings, and was fighting with one within the first thirty seconds of arriving at her table. Thalia had to sit with the hunters today, so I was alone, and Alii and Caitlin were tormenting Nico as Madeline talked at her table. Cera was the only one without a table to sit at, but I led her to the head table and introduced her to Chiron and Dionysus. She hadn’t been claimed yet, and I was really interested to find out who her father was…