Chapter 6

She opened the room to the Darkbringer, the smell of blood still in the air, filling it up almost making her dissy. The Darkbringer layed on the bed, eyes closed, bangaged over all the injuries, sleeping, resting. Luna moved her magic, finding his mind encased in the same type of darkness that was the signature of a Darkbringer. Slowly she started to work her way into his mind, shifting her powers to find the easiest way. Light didn't work on darkness, not if she wanted to sneak in unnoticed, instead she needed to become darkness, just as dark as his. Melting, and forging with his darkness Luna slowly made her way into his mind. Waiting for whatever secrets he had in there.

Maybe it was invasive, to break into someone's mind like this. To violate them in their sleep, finding out their secrets, but Luna wanted this to be over. She wanted to know who had done this, who he was, if it had connections with what happened to her. She refused to be locked up again. She had accepted it for twenty years, but now. Now that was over. She was known, she was free to wander, and she didn't want that freedom to be taken from her. Even just for a short while.

She passed through the darkness and entered the Darkbringers mind, and stopped. It didn't feel right, the space of the mind was too dark, too empty. Luna only found some bits of a memory. One showing a different dark corridor, but nothing else. Luna moved around, finding a compact darkness that she couldn't move through. She left the Darkbringers' mind. Feeling the air leaving her body. Nothing she had seen could help her, or doom her. She looked at him, taking in his face. He didn't have the eternal look of an older Fae, so he must be younger, like her and Nyx. The door swung open behind her, revealing her brother standing there.

"Why did you go here?" He just asked, holding his voice low.

"I... I tried to enter his mind." Luna started, turning back to the Darkbringer. "But I found nothing."

"What?" Nyx hissed. "You did what?"

"Enter his mind, trying to find out who he is. It is easier to enter a well guarded mind when they sleep, but... I found nothing." She explained.

"Dad said he couldn't enter his mind, that it was too well guarded."

"And didn't I tell you that I am a bit of an expert at this?" Luna shook her head. "But I found nothing. It is like all of his mind, memories, thoughts, and being is covered in darkness. And I can't navigate it."

"The others are asking where you went." Nyx just replied, and Luna let out a sigh.

"Of course..."

"Luna, we all care for you."

"Mom and dad still want to lock me up."

"To be fair, they have asked me to stay here too." Nyx moved his head to the door. "Let's leave, it is weird to talk in a room with a sleeping person like this."

"I am glad to not be alone in the isolation." Luna wasn't sure if she tried to make a joke, or if she meant it.

"Sis, they will not keep you inside again, I won't let them. And from that look, I guess you won't either." Luna didn't respond, she just walked back out. Her brother followed her.

"Hey..." A voice called, And the both of them turned around, finding the Darkbringer awake. Nyx was fast, making sure Luna was behind his back. His hand ready on the hilt of his sword. But Luna just scoffed at her brother and walked to the side, moving his wing in protest. A whine came from her brother at the movement.

"Hey." Luna said, holding her voice calm, once again trying to use her magic. Finding the same darkness surrounding the Darkbringers mind. "You are awake."

Luna... Nyx warned in her head.

"Where am I?"

"In the Night Court." Luna said back. Call mom and dad here.