Epilogue

Feyre landed at the Moonstone palace. Ready to fight, to find her daughter, to end this before it started. Instead she saw her mate on his knees, chains tied him down. Just like they had done that day so long ago in the woods. His wings layed spread out over the floor, some bones looked broken and twisted in the wrong angles. She fell down on her own knees in front of him, taking his face in her hands.

"Rhys..." His violet eyes had lost their sparkle. Rhys...

Run Fayre Darling... Run... His eyes searched for hers, and she realised that they not only were dulled, but almost grey...

Can you see me? She rested her forehead against his. Can you feel me?

No.

"What do we have here? The High Lady herself..." A voice said behind her. "Chain her down." Feyre didn't even try to struggle against them as they bound her down, making her sit on her knees just in front of Rhys.

I am not leaving you behind. We are in this together. She tried to lift her hand towards him, but the chains were too short.

"The greatest punishment of them all. Two mates, close, but still too far apart to touch." The voice said and Feyre turned to face him. Or rather, them. Seven males stod there, one who was older than the rest. "Anything you would like to say, High Lady?" She spat at his feet in response. Then she recognise a face in the group.

"Tirian..." Venom filed her words. "Where is my daughter?"

"She is with me, in my chambers, doing what I tell her to do." Feyre noticed how Rhys moved at his words, and with the last of her powers Feyre moved in. She saw a flash of a memory. Luna winnowing away from him. Then Feyre tried to find her. Only to find Nyx instead.

Nyx, she is gone... Stay safe... Stay alive... We can not get out... We love you... The last words a mother could give her child. She held back tears as the males started to fill the room with darkness, and her powers were slowly fading out.

What is happening? His response was only a whisper.

Darkbringers are taking over... It was Rhys voice, and with that, a series of memories that made her stomach drop. Luna is gone... We can't find her...

Cassian stayed behind in Velaris to help the few who are left... Nyx said back. I will do what I can... His words faded out. And the darkness moved in around them.

I promised you, years ago, to stay by your side until the darkness claimed us. I only wish I could hold you... Rhys' words came to her down the bond.

No goodbyes. Nyx will fight. Luna is out there somewhere. This is not over yet. She tried to sound strong, like he had been for her.

I love you Feyre Darling, never forget that.

I love you Rhys, and I will always love you. Then everything became quiet.

___

She had the Winter Court behind her, and the thin border between the Autumn and Summer Courts in front of her. After days walking in the snow-covered landscape she came to the place she was hoping to find. After all the scary news from what had happened in the north, she wanted as far away from the Night Court as possible, and that place existed beyond this thin line.

Isa let out her white hair from its braid, her skin just as pale as the snow around her. She had left her old life behind, a new life waited for her down in the Spring Court. A life far from this pain and grief, far from what had happened.

"Leave the past, leave who you once were. Leave it all behind." She started to walk, balancing on the line between courts. The distance grew behind her. The journey would take days to complete, but she needed that. Needed the time to forget who she once was, what she had done, what had happened to her.

The sun started to set, and for a moment she told herself that the stars were less bright, that the moon looked dull. That the night was darker and less... Less like the night she once knew.

"Forget and move on, that is all you can do." Forget and move on. Become someone new, hide, never look back. And if they find you, flee once more. 

____

Thats it! 

That was it! Love and Family is over! It has been so much fun writing and sharing this with you in January! 

And book two is coming soon! Shame and Allies! I'm excited! Are you? 

The prologue will be posted tomorrow, then comes the rest like this, one chapter a day in the month of March. 

What do you think of the book? Storyn? Thoughts and feelings? Feel free to share in the comments! 

Vote, Share, Comment!!!! 

/Mymymmon