7 | The Battle For The Cradle

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked through the comms.

"No," I said at the same time Clint said, "we did."

The two assassins looked to me, and I shrugged.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest," Nat said, looking at a screen. "That could be him."

"There," Clint said, looking down. I walked over to the cockpit to see what he was looking at. "It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron," Steve said.

I looked out of the window to see Steve jump onto a truck. He moved down to one of the doors and it was blasted open. The door was then blasted off, leaving Steve hanging on the bottom of the truck.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy!" Steve called. "I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"You're not a match for him, Cap," I said.

Steve was silent for a moment.

"Thanks, baby Avenger."

I stood up, ready to punch him.

"That's it, I'm with Ultron," I growled.

"Y/n!" Clint and Natasha exclaimed.

I just shrugged again. Natasha walked over and opened the doors.

"We got a window," Clint said. Natasha and I got ready. "Four, three... give 'em hell, ladies."

Natasha and I dropped out of the jet on a motorbike, Nat driving and me clinging on for dear life. Natasha drove like she didn't care about whether she lived or died. Natasha dodged cars and we came up to Steve's shield.

"We're always picking up after you boys," Natasha said, leaning to the side.

I stretched out and grabbed the shield and then placed it on my back.

"They're heading under the overpass," Clint said. "I've got no shot."

"Which way?" Nat asked.

"Hard right... Now."

Natasha turned to the right suddenly, causing a few cars to honk at her. We rode up the small street, the bike jumping at a few slopes. Natasha took a few tight turns, and eventually we were on the main road again. The truck passed directly in front of us, and Natasha and I slid under the truck. I looked up to see Steve being choked by Ultron. I threw his shield up to him and he bashed Ultron in the face.

Ultron looked to us angrily and used his gravity thing to pull up a piece of road. Natasha braked and the back wheel went up. I used the momentum to leap from the bike and used my forcefields to create steps until I reached the truck.

Ultron blasted Steve in the chest, and he landed on a car. Ultron then lifted the road again causing the car to flip, as well as a few of the cars following. Ultron then turned his attention to me.

"Uh... hi?" I said.

Ultron sent a blast at me, and I protected myself with a shield. The bast bounced off and hit Ultron, causing him to take a step back. Steve jumped back onto the truck with me, and he began to fight Ultron again. I fought against the guards following us until Clint led them away.

Steve threw Ultron against a pillar, and Ultron retaliated by grabbing him and pushing him into a train.

"I've got the Cradle, Y/n, you go and help Steve!" Natasha said.