𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍|| 𝖢𝖮𝖠𝖢𝖧 𝖮𝖱𝖨𝖮𝖭

Everyone on the team walked into the rink after school was done and decided we can do our homework later in the library together—if even possible at all. I was following behind Luis and saw how big the rink was. It wasn't bigger than the goodwill games rink of course but it was a big rink. I gasped and smiled at the beauty.

It was then I saw the varsity team practicing in the rink making me scrunch my face.

"Wow this place is great," Charlie commented with a amused face. "This is a nice one," I said with a grin and looked back at Adam.

"No I bet they even have a snack bar here,"

"Big deal!"

"They look pretty good— sure want a lot of championships,"

"They're huge!" I said.

"They're not," Charlie told me.

"Come on guys— we could skate out there!"

I followed the rest of the team as Rick and Scooter have a conversation with one another. Just as we got on the ice the varsity made their way over to us with smirks and disgusted looks plastered on their faces.

"If it isn't captain ducky,"

"Get your hands off," Fulton said and shoved Rick. "And don't you even think about laying hands on him again," I glared. "Oh look...a bash brother and the bash sister," The blond told us with a smirk on his lips. "I'm so scared,"

"Break it up man! Let's go."

Adam grabbed my arm and pulled me back to his side as we went onto the ice.

"How about it cowboy? Roundup?" Charlie asked Dwayne that was behind him. "Hey, Charlie, shouldn't we wait for the new coach before we mess around?" Connie asked him.

"This is how we practice...duck hockey, Connie. You'll have to get used to it sooner or later," Charlie replied to the girl with a smile on his face. Connie smiled and nodded.

"Come on, cowboy,"

We all laughed and scattered away onto the ice as Dwayne got his rope out. I smiled as I dodged the rope and skated away from it. Adam got out first. I went over to him and smiled at him.

"How do you feel?" I asked him and he playfully glared at me. "Dwayne get her next!" Adam shouted and I yelped, skating away from them both to escape the rope.

We continued and so far Fulton got out along with Guy. Averman was hiding in the goal causing me to laugh at him.

"Averman what are you doing?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow. "Hiding!" He replied in a whisper and put his finger to his lips.

I followed Dwayne where he was chasing Charlie. As he chasing Charlie he roped him causing the boy to fall down onto the ice and right in front of a man we did not recognize.

Charlie looked up at him.

"My name is Coach Orion. You can call me coach or coach Orion,"

The boy got up from the ice and reached his hand out for the man to shake.

"You can call me Charlie."

"Let's see what that C on your jersey stands for, huh?" Coach Orion says. "Sure doesn't stand for captain."

Everyone in the room fell silent and the tension was starting to build up. Then, Russ spoke up.

"Sorry, Coach. We're just messing with you, you know?"

"Hey, Bombay gave him that C." Goldberg said.

"And I respect that but that's the past. This is my team now and I'll be selecting the captain."