𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄|| 𝖡𝖫𝖮𝖭𝖣 𝖶𝖨𝖳𝖧 𝖡𝖫𝖴𝖤 𝖤𝖸𝖤𝖲

It was finally the next morning and the six of us were at the hockey rink in the locker room. We were getting in our pads and talking with each other. I was the first one to finish getting ready so I was helping Julie with her pads.

Once we finished we headed out and saw the Ducks practicing with their coach. I watched carefully as the team flew on the ice, passing the puck to each other and scoring a goal. Tibbles then stopped the team and motioned us to come on the ice. We looked at each other then went onto the ice.

I was in the back behind Julie but was making sure I was still shown.

"So tell me about my new kids," Coach Bombay said to Mr. Tibbles.

We all skated off the ice while Luis stayed getting introduced.

"That's Luis Mendoza! He's from our Miami club. A real speedster— incredible skater. I clocked him with 1.9 seconds blue line to blue line," Mr. Tibbles introduced then Luis began to skate around the rink.

I watched in amazement as Luis did have quite the speed.

"Good looking skater," A girl said. "Very good looking. What do you think Guy?" A boy said then asked the boy in front of him. "Shut up, Averman—" Guy knocked down Averman and I stifled my laugh.

"Just one minor problem," Mr. Tibbles said before Luis hit the board. I winced before skating onto the ice with the rest, helping Luis up. "Has a little trouble stopping."

"I'd say so," A boy said.

"I almost had it that time!"

We nodded and patted his shoulders before it was Dwaynes turn to get introduced.

"Yee-Haw! How's everyone?" Dwayne threw his hat and I caught it. I chuckled before putting it on my head for fun. "Y'all ready to play some puck?" He put on his helmet before I heard someone say, "Hey look it's up hopalong gretzky!"

Everyone laughed and I shook my head watching Dawyne show his moves.

"That's Dwayne Robertson! From Austin— best puck handle I've ever seen..."

"You mean for his age?" Bombay asked. "No, I don't," Tibbles replied.

Dwayne moved the puck around and talked out loud for us to hear.

"This is easier than roping!"

I laughed as he applauded for himself.

Julie was on and I smirked at her for good luck. She skated to the goal and put on her helmet.

"There's Julie the cat Gaffney— she won the state championship for Maine three years in a row,"

"Well we have a goalie— Goldberg."

"All right! Bring them on man, I'm ready! Show me what you got! I'm the man! I'm the man! Oooo—" Goldberg managed to get himself into the splits, groaning in pain. "Help—"

"Watch this," Mr. Tibbles said.

The Ducks got in line and began to shoot pucks at Julie; she blocked every single one of them.

"Well we could use a backup," Bombay commented with a shrug.

It was now my turn to go up so I took off Dwaynes hat and put on my helmet before skating around the rink as I was being introduced.

"Now here's Y/n Portman! Younger sister of Dean and came from Chicago Illinois. She's the second best skater I've ever seen—"

As I skated around I glanced at the Ducks before making eye contact with a blond who had blue eyes. I used my hockey stick to grab a puck and moved it around with me.