𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍|| 𝖱𝖤𝖬𝖠𝖳𝖢𝖧 𝖠𝖦𝖠𝖨𝖭𝖲𝖳 𝖨𝖢𝖤𝖫𝖠𝖭𝖣

Today was the day of the USA versus Iceland rematch and everyone was in the locker room, getting ready before the game. I had my pads on and just about slid on my skates before I heard footsteps come into the room.

"Coach."

It was Adam.

My lips formed into a smile as we all greeted him. He had his bag and stick with him, his lips had a smile as well.

"I woke up and the pain was gone,"

Adam used the hockey stick and rotated it. I clapped for him and then gave Kenny a high five.

"Adam, I'm sorry but we already have a full roster." Coach said.

That was enough for Adam's face to fall in disappointment. I looked over at Russ and saw he was about to take off his jersey before Charlie stopped him.

"He can have my spot,"

Adam and Coach looked over at Charlie and the boy made his way over to the two.

"It's what I can do for the team," Charlie said then looked at Adam. "Let me do it,"

"Charlie, I need you on the bench— coaching right there with me." Coach told him and gave him the clipboard.

"Yeah!"

"All right!"

We all cheered and I immediately got up and went over to Adam, hugging him tightly. He chuckled then hugged me back, his hand rubbing my back gently.

"Welcome back,"

                                        ꧁꧂

We all went out onto the ice with smiled plastered on our faces, happy to be back. As we skated around encouraging the people on our side from the stands to cheer on for us coach called us. I skated over and circled around him.

I put my hand in the middle with the rest of the team as coach spoke.

"And time, stand tall, fly straight, USA—"

"All the way!" We all yelled, before getting into our positions.

Averman went to center and I went to my position.

The ref dropped the puck and Averman was immediately knocked down with no hesitation. I skated towards Sanderson then tried taking the puck before he passed it to someone else.

I saw Guy get thrown down but I paid attention to the puck, going straight after it with Dean. I grab the puck then begin to skate away with it before getting crushed against the wall by Gunnar.

I let out a groan in pain then lifted my head up to see Dean shove Gunnar to the side. I get up, skate to him and thank my brother. Dean patted my head for a quick second. I saw #12 shoot the puck to the goal but Goldberg used his stick to save it.

I quickly went straight after the puck and went around the goal, skating across the ice. It was then I was tripped and the puck was taken from me. I cursed myself before getting back up.

As I got up I saw Goldberg get tripped. I followed Sanderson who had the puck and tried stealing it but he ended up scoring the goal. I groaned and he smacked my head, "Ow! Rude!"

"Too slow, big boy."

"All right that's it!"

I went over to Goldberg and held him back with Kenny and Dwayne.

"Take it easy man!" Dwayne said. "Besides that guy'll kill you!" Kenny told him. "You'd probably wouldn't wanna become hamburger helper!" I said, agreeing with the two boys. "Yeah— right at least hold me back like I'm gonna kill him!"