Chapter 15: The Enemy of My Enemy; Old Grudges Settled With

OHH YEAH I GOT 50 FOLLOWERS!! Anyway thanks to anybody who followed me I lov the support as a result I updated early.

Chapter 15: The Enemy of My Enemy; Old Grudges Settled With

Later That Day

The Newspaper Club decided to have an impromptu welcoming party for Gwen. The girls took this chance to get to know Gwen better in order to score points with Ben. It was great since Kurumu made cookies that everyone shared. Originally, she had intended for just Ben to have them but she still loved to see him appreciate them even if she had to share them with the others. However, at this moment, Gwen was able to talk with Moka alone, just in order to ensure the secret between them and Ben was kept secret.

"So, Ben," Gwen began. "Have you told her about all your adventures?"

"Y…yeah," Ben answered nervously.

The reluctant and unsure answer only served to make Gwen smirk. She could tell that he hadn't. Some of their past adventures during that fateful summer five years ago had been quite embarrassing. Well, as his cousin, she had the responsibility of making sure Ben didn't have a big head from retelling his successful adventures.

"Oh, so you won't mind if I told Moka about the time we found the Fountain of Youth," Gwen spoke. Ben paled.

"The Fountain of Youth!?" Moka gasped. "It's real!?"

"Sure is…or was," said Gwen. "You see, Ben got soaked and he turned into a cute little five year old!"

Ben blushed.

"So, was he cute?" asked Moka.

"Yup, and the temper tantrum he threw as Heatblast was explosive!" Gwen laughed.

Ben wished he could go and hide right now.

"Then there was the time you thought you broke my laptop so to pay for it you entered a wrestling competition as Fourarms!" Gwen continued, "In the end he found out I was using a finger print scanner to make sure Ben here didn't get his grubby hands on it!"

"Hey, I was doing it for the right reasons…even if I was being dumb," said Ben.

"Oh, and remember that time you turned into Grey Matter to find a rare Sumo Slammer card!" Gwen added, "And then the time you were stuck as Grey Matter and nearly got yourself dissected!"

"You nearly got dissected!?" Moka exclaimed, looking rather frightened at that explanation.

"He was trying to get into this slide at the water park and messed with his watch so he would be tall enough to get on, but instead of growing tall he grew small," Gwen explained.

"Like you haven't done anything embarrassing, huh, 'Lucky Girl'?" Ben smirked, turning the tables on Gwen.

"I was young," Gwen made an excuse.

"Oh, if you had the opportunity you'd dress up and play hero again," Ben chuckled.

"Hey, not all of us can shape shift, Ben Tennyson," Gwen glared.

"At least your powers are on all the time. As for mine I gotta wait till they recharge!"

"Well, that's what happens when you work with magic. Always with a trick up my sleeve," said Gwen. "Like…" Pink/purple energy wrapped around her hand and then it extended to grab a nearby cup and pull it into her hand. "Like so."

"Show off," snorted Ben.

"This from the kid who used to yell 'who's your hero'?" Gwen retorted sharply.