Chapter 16: We trust only you

Heya guys~ SlytherinHeart here! Thanks for helping True Warrior Hearts reach 4800+ reads! And 200+ votes! And over 400 comments! xD *hugs Jayfeather*

And also, the results of the Brackenberry v.s. Brackenflame competition is out! The result.... Brackenflame- 8 v.s. Brackenberry- 4 :) And therefore, Brackenpaw's warrior name shall be Brackenflame! Thanks to: niall_luvr1003 for the name! This chappy is for YOU ;) and as for _Briarheart25_, thanks for the name Brackenberry as well ^^ next chappy is for you, kay?

Also, this chappy's gonna be long to make up for the fact that last's week's one was short -.- So what are you waiting for? Read on~

Chapter 16:

Jaypaw only knew too well where Tigerheart was hiding. She was looking at him hunt, up from the oak tree that was in perfect view of how he was hunting.

He could easily announce her location, but this was a assessment. If he did that, would he be stopped from being a warrior?

Shaking off his thoughts, he landed a quick bite on the rabbit he had caught, and buried it into the ground to pick up later.

He caught another shrew easily, as Hawkflight walked out with a squirrel. "Impressive. Now let's see how well you hunt with another cat." Unknown to him, he had stepped on a branch, causing the prey to run away.

Jaypaw sighed. Hawkflight was a nice cat and all... but he was a terrible hunter. He had no hunting skill at all. Why did he have to get paired with the light brown tom?

-----

Tawnypaw easily caught a small pile of prey, much to Shrewpaw's pleasure. "You'll definitely earn your warrior name now!" he whispered softly, not to scare off prey.

Tawnypaw smiled. Hunting was too easy. She will get her warrior name, she was sure of it.

She looked into Shrewpaw's blue eyes and purred in her throat. "Yup. Thanks." They padded towards the deeper part of the forest for more prey.

-----

"Remember, you cannot summon prey for the assessment, okay? Or Tinylight will definitely see and know about your powers, AND you will be cheating. Got it?" Fuzzypelt's warning sounded in Brackenpaw's head.

Without her summoning ability, she wasn't such a great hunter anymore. As she clumsily caught a small pigeon, she could almost hear her mentor sighing.

"I thought you were a better hunter than this," Mudpool sneered as she padded next to Brackenpaw. Brackenpaw never understood why Mudpool was so... infuriating! Even if she was a warrior.

Speak for yourself, she thought angrily, looking at Mudpool's pathetic catch of a small dove. You aren't much better!

As they walked, Mudpool suddenly slipped into a hole. "What in the name of StarClan?" Brackenpaw said as Mudpool fell. The brownish she-cat fell into a hole not too deep, but was too deep for her to climb up.

"Help!" Mudpool shrieked as Brackenpaw looked down. Could she? Without hesitation, she jumped down the hole, landing nicely in front of Mudpool.

"Are you okay?" she asked the warrior concerned as Mudpool replied as conceitedly as usual, "Of course I'm okay... I won't get hurt so easily!"

Brackenpaw saw a slight scratch on her pelt and sniffed it. "You have a small scratch, but it should be okay-"

"BRACKENPAW!!! MUDPOOL!!! ARE YOU TWO OKAY???" Once again, the prey were scared off. Tinylight popped at the top of the hole with Bounceleaf.

"I'll push Mudpool up, then you two bring a vine and pull me up. I'm lighter and easier to pull," Brackenpaw mewed as the two toms nodded.

Mudpool was supported up back to the ground while Brackenpaw pulled herself up with the vine Tinylight and Bounceleaf lowered. They were safe.