Chapter 2: Fuzzypelt?

Hiyo fanz and readers:)

Thanks for 250+ reads, though compared to TRTAW, it's a little sad... Still, I truly value your support and as a reward, TA-DA! A new chappy for all you guys!

Sorry for leaving you guys at a cliffy last chappy, cos I thot that was the best time to end it... and for fans of Fuzzypelt... read on:)

And yeah, my life is actually okay for once... the tests are over and all we do in class is slack... YAY. Though I prefer rotting at home...

Forget my complaining... here's Chapter 2:

Fuzzypelt...?

Tawnykit and Brackenkit had heard the commotion and hurried out to their brother. "What's happening, Jaykit?"

"Fuzzypelt's border patrol was attacked... and Fuzzypelt was injured... and now..." Jaykit managed to utter.

Both she-cats' eyes widened in horror and shock. "Is she okay, then?"

Jaykit's sapphire blue eyes darkened as he shrugged his shoulders in reply. "She's in the hands of Rockpath now."

-----

Rockpath had hurried out of the den as quickly as she had heard Sandtail's yowl. She got her herbs and cobwebs ready with Sandtail by her side.

"Please... Fuzzypelt, you have to be alright..." he mewed to her gently.

"She'll be," Rockpath comforted as she set off to her work.

She examined Fuzzypelt and gave an inward cringe. Great StarClan. Whoever had wanted to hurt Fuzzypelt hurt her good.

She could feel slow but steady breathing. Good, she thought, Fuzzypelt was still alive. I'll just have to make sure she stays this way.

Long slashes showed on Fuzzypelt's fiery pelt as blood blossomed. Bite marks appeared at different parts of Fuzzypelt's body.

"Sandtail, help me chew up this goldenrod flowers and rub it onto Fuzzypelt's pelt," she instructed to him as he worked on it quickly.

The poultice was spread across her body as Rockpath worked on the horsetail to stop the massive bleeding.

"Fuzzypelt, chew on this stick, it'll distract you from the pain and keep you awake," Rockpath purred as Fuzzypelt grudgingly chewed.

After some time, Rockpath moved away and gave a small smile as Fuzzypelt's emerald green eyes flashed with new energy.

"She's fine," Rockpath mewed as Sandtail gave her a quick lick of appreciation. "Thank you, Rockpath," he purred.

"I did what was within my power," she replied as she watched Sandtail paw towards his mate.

"You're okay," he mewed to Fuzzypelt.

"Better than ever. I could run a forest if it weren't for these poultices on my fur," Fuzzypelt retorted with a slight smile.

Sandtail gave a nudge, "Don't," he warned, as he left Fuzzypelt resting.

Only then he noticed he had some wounds himself. Minor, but they needed attention, he could hear Rockpath mewing in his head.

-----

Jaykit, Tawnykit and Brackenkit were relieved. They had heard that Fuzzypelt was going to be okay. They hurried to the medicine den where she was resting currently as they wanted to visit their injured mother.

"Only a while, okay kits? She needs her rest," Rockpath warned the kits.

They rushed towards Fuzzypelt, who looked at them with her bright green eyes. "Hello my dear kits," she purred.

The kits gave her quick snuggles as they stayed in that position for a while before they were hurried out from the den.

Jaykit gave her wounds a glance. Ouch, these wounds... No, he will not be afraid. He gave Fuzzypelt a quick lick as he muttered to himself, "I'll get the cat who this to you, Fuzzypelt." She did not hear it, but Jaykit knew he would keep his promise. One way or another.

-----

"Let all cats old enough to hunt their own prey gather around the HighRock for a clan meeting!" Mossstar yowled across the LightClan territory.

Cats gathered around quickly, hoping that their leader came with news of their deputy.

"All of you have heard of what has happened to our deputy. She was badly injured in the border patrol but she in currently in recovery. In her place, Thornmist will take the deputy role once more. And now, as to the question of who the attackers were, we are currently in a thorough investigation so please do not-" he was saying but was rudely interrupted.

"It's no question! It's those mange-pelts from DarkClan!" Brownfur growled as a few cats yowled in agreement.

Sandtail then rose up the HighRock and called to the clans. "Silence!" The camp was silent again. "I know it wasn't DarkClan no matter how fox-hearted we think they are. The attackers' scent smelt nothing like the clans, and we have no reason to think they would attack us."

So the question was arised: Rogues? Kittypets? The clan meeting ended and murmurs and whispers were again eminent throughout the camp.

-----

The cats fell into a deep sleep as the moon hung over camp.

Jaykit could hear the promise he had made repeating itself over and over again in his head. "I'll get the cat who did this to you, Fuzzypelt."

The promise seemed to drag him into a deep sleep as he was no longer sleeping next to his sleep-kicking sisters but transported...

Where was he? The small silver kit looked around the strange yet beautiful forest. He eyes widened at its elegance.

"Fuzzypelt?" Jaykit murmured upon seeing a strange yet comforting shape cat lengths away from him. "Is that you?"

"The jay of the prophecy? Will it be you three who survive the casualities or will you all end up in StarClan soon enough?" the warm voice mewed.

The shadowy cat appeared out, her caramel pelt shining under the light, her pelt glittering like the stars.

"Jay? Of what prophecy? Who are you?" Jaykit asked the kind-looking she-cat who then rested her tail on his shoulder.

"Time will tell, young one," she purred, "and if you are as they say, you will do well and save the clans."

The cat was soon out of Jaykit's sight. And then the whole place seemed to blur as Jaykit was woken, in the nursery once more. It was still night.

He saw the fiery pelt of Brackenkit and black pelt of Tawnykit still sleeping away. So what was that? Who was that cat?

Was that just a dream?

"There will be three, the tawny jay who brings bracken by the wings and will protect the clans from an old enemy. But the path is long and tough, and three may dwindle to none..." Who was that voice and what did that even mean?

-----

By the time he woke up the next day, Jaykit had already forgotten the dream and the voice. But somehow, he remembered the comforting but blurred caramel cat. Why was she so familiar? Or so warm?

-----

Okay, this took me a while to type but still I hope you enjoyed it... cos I really am dedicated to this story, but if you don't support it... trust me, my already broken heart will break worse...

Enjoy and remember to:

1. READ...

2. COMMENT...

3. VOTE...

4. and even FAN!!! XD "am I asking too much?"