⟦ 12 ⟧

The air filled with chatter from children and their friends, the smell of hot chocolate and people laughing while skating on the ice.

The unfamiliar feeling unsettled them, but when they felt the warmth coming from the palm of the other, the feeling melted away.

Calendula sprouted from the plant pots placed around the plaza. It went noticed by the couple, who smiled before running off.

Corpse had only been to events like these a few times, mainly against his judgement. But it's different now, and the tingling sensation he felt in his heart made him love it all the more.

Music was playing. Corpse tuned it out as he was deep into focusing on the face of amusement Sykkuno held. His eyes were sparkling. Corpse swore he saw stars in them.

"Hey! We should make a tiny snowman before all the snow gets used up!" Sykkuno suggests.

"Used up?" Corpse repeats.

"Kids are going to be making a lot of things with the snow. We won't be able to make one later if they use it all up!"

Sykkuno tightens his grip on Corpse's hand, and they jog towards the clearing of snow. They immediately get to work with their gloves scooping and rolling the snow.

They stack two small circles together. "It needs a face," Sykkuno says. He reaches to pull off two buttons from his coat, but Corpse stops him.

"Let's use these rocks instead." he gestures to the two stones in his hands.

"Yeah, I guess that's a better idea." Sykkuno giggles. "I wonder how Bingus is doing."

"My cat?" Corpse says.

"The other snowman we built, we named him after Bingus."

"Oh yeah, that was a while ago."

"Mhm, we'll make a bunch more snowmen soon, right?"

Corpse nods, "For sure."

"What else do they have here?" Sykkuno asked.

Corpse looked around and brought his eyes to the jewelry stand. "Should we check out some of the stands?"

"Good idea!" Sykkuno and Corpse sat up, walking towards the market. The young lady working the stand was reading a magazine, looking rather down and bored.

Sykkuno walked over, Corpse lingering behind. The girl looked up and brightened, her mood changing to a happy tone. "These are really well made..." Sykkuno praised, bringing his gaze over the sparkly jewels. "Thank you! Not many people are interested in my stuff." the shopkeeper said.

"Why not?"

The lady pointed down the market to a larger jewelry stand with a cluster of customers. "That's my competition." she sighed.

Sykkuno hummed. "Well, I do like this necklace. How much?" he asked. "Really? That's great!" the lady beamed as she took the necklace and placed it into a small box. "Here." she hands it to him. "I'm Poki, by the way. It's nice to meet you."

Sykkuno nods, "I'm Sykkuno. I work at the tea shop a few blocks away from here."

"I'll swing by sometime," Poki responds.

Corpse walks up behind Sykkuno and places a hand on his shoulder. "Oh, yeah! We'll get going then." Sykkuno waves to Poki, who seems stuck in place. Maybe because of Corpse's mask?

"Look, Corpse!" Sykkuno shows the necklace to Corpse. "Pretty right? There must be some other stuff we can get."

Corpse sighs, "Okay, but don't talk to other people for so long." he says. "This is a date between you and me."