⟦ 7 ⟧

"I've already told you. There isn't anything wrong." Corpse insists.

"But there is Corpse. You've become distant." Sykkuno reminds him, sighing. "Could you please tell me the truth?"

Corpse doesn't say anything as his thumbs anxiously rubbed together instead.

"You can talk to me, you know, to at least give me some reassurance," Sykkuno suggests.

Corpse rubs his forehead while his leg bounced.

"I know. I don't know how to say it."

"Did I do something wrong?" Sykkuno asked.

"No! No— you didn't."

Sykkuno placed his hands in his lap, not taking his eyes off Corpse. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around him. Sykkuno wanted to feel the warmth he craved, and he wanted Corpse to feel his too. He desired to comfort him desperately. The thought of his wellbeing under fire caused his heart to clench.

Sykkuno had few friends, all of which have supported him over the years. He figured he could do the same for Corpse.

"You noticed how I felt after our trip to the pond." Corpse notes.

Sykkuno nods and crosses his legs, taking some time to scratch his neck in anticipation.

"When you took off your jacket, I saw your shirt lift a bit and-" he choked on his words.

"I saw your mark."

Sykkuno lifted his eyebrow while tilting his head. "What's so bad about that?"

"Uhm." Corpse mumbled, "Sorry, just give me a second."

Sykkuno placed a hand on Corpse's shoulder and rubbed it gently with his thumb.

Corpse grabbed the hem of his t-shirt and took a breath before lifting it to reveal the emblem placed beside his stomach.

Sykkunore retracted his arm.

His eyes contained tears, threatening to fall.

The image of the dark and light symbol caused his thoughts and feelings to run wild as he placed his fingertip onto the picture.

It's a simple black moon surrounded by a mass of white blossoms, all connected by a single branch. The mark that the universe decided was right in front of his face, on his friend.

Corpse taking notice of Sykkuno's eyes caused him to drop his shirt and stand up, walking to the door.

"Oh- wait!" Sykkuno ran after him and grabbed his hand. "Where are you going?"

"I assumed you didn't want to see me-" Corpse cracked up; he let the tears he'd been desperate to conceal flow down his cheek.

Sykkuno didn't say a word as the two of them wrapped their arms around each other, not sure if they were sorrowful or content.

As they embraced, they wept with confusion. Neither wanted a fast relationship. But that is one of the many hardships a soulmate can bring.

Much like the Calendula, it quickly grows, as does the facing of your potential love when met with the one the universe has destined for you.

They found themselves in each other's arms until the end of the day, and even then did they hesitate to let go, afraid of what expression the other is making.

"Are you okay with it?" Corpse begins. "Are you okay with it being me?"

Sykkuno doesn't respond immediately, which leads Corpse to shed more tears.

The boy sighs and raises his head to place his chin upon Corpse's shoulder.

"Do you know why I decided to discard my jacket that day in the forest?"

Corpse sniffs, "What?"

"I didn't want to use it because I liked your warmth better rather than some old fabric." Sykkuno smiles. "Why use a jacket when I could go to you instead? You give good hugs."

"Although, I was too embarrassed to admit it at the time." he giggles.

Corpse loosens his grip around Sykkuno before pulling out of the hug to look at him.

"I don't... understand," he admits.

"Yeah, neither do I," Sykkuno says, looking down. "For some odd reason, I feel different with you than I do with my other friends."

"Why?"

"I don't know," Sykkuno explains. "But I can say that I'm glad it's you. I'm really glad it's you."

Corpse's face softens as he caresses Sykkuno's face. "I was worried that you'd say the opposite," he states. "I like you a lot. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed I turned out to be the one. I feel bad for thinking that... you've been so kind after all."

"It's natural to think that way, I understand," Sykkuno reassures. "I like you a lot too."

They both stand up, and Sykkuno takes both of Corpse's hands in his. "Can you, uh- sleepover?" he asks.

Corpse flushes and nods.

"Alright, I'm gonna take care of the calendula, and then I guess we can make lunch?"

"Okay."

Corpse walks into the bathroom, and as soon as he closes the door, he rushes to the sink to splash water on his face. He looks at himself, wide-eyed, as he places a hand over his heart.

It had never raced this fast. Corpse laughed softly and washed his hands. The boy felt like he was going to die.

When he came into the living room once more, he saw Sykkuno by the window. He watered a few flowers placed in a plant box on the window sill.

"Are those calendula?" Corpse wondered aloud.

"Mhm," Sykkuno hummed. "They look nice, don't they?"

A bright yellow and orange stained the soft petals. Although Corpse was never fond of warm colours, who was he to ruin the mood?

"Yeah, I like them."

✧ ✧ ✧

"How do you think he's doing?" 5up asked.

"I'm sure it'll work out. Sykkuno's stubborn. He's going to finish that conversation." Fundy giggled.

"I can't imagine how awkward it would be."

"That's rich coming from how awkward you are."

5up shot Fundy and glare and threw one of the pillows from the couch at him. It hit Fundy right on the nose.

Fundy's eyes welled up with tears, feeling his nose sting before throwing it back.

"You suck." Fundy insulted.

5up chuckles and walks over. "Sorry, want pasta?"

"Can we get ice cream afterwards?"

"No."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"You're right," Fundy sighs.

✧ ✧ ✧

Hello!

Since it's school time, I'll be worrying less about this story.

Of course, I'll still make sure they aren't too sloppy ;)

question: what are some weird things you did when you were younger? (that you may or may not still do now)

have a good morning, afternoon or night!

-fai