⟦ 8 ⟧

The morning came around, and Corpse was awoken once again by a delicious smell. "This scene is familiar," Corpse remembers he felt awkward the last time he woke up in Sykkuno's room, but now, he feels satisfied and relaxed.

While Sykkuno filled Bimbus' bowl with dog food, Corpse walked over and bent down beside him.

"Oh, you're up!" Sykkuno yelped.

Corpse chuckled and nodded, "Morning."

"I'm gonna take Bimbus for a walk after breakfast, wanna come?"

"Of course, but it looks like it's raining..." Corpse points out, gesturing outside the window. "And it's super early."

"Yeah, but Bimbus needs his exercise. We can take another route that has more cover."

Sykkuno hops down the steps, Corpse following behind him.

He passes by the counter and opens the door, holding it open.

"Let's go then."

✧ ✧ ✧

As they walked through the peaceful streets on that early morning, Corpse noticed the way Sykkuno's hands took turns holding Bimbus' leash. Although the boy didn't have any gloves, maybe he's moving them to keep warm?

In Sykkuno's mind, he was internally panicking. He didn't understand why. He'd been on walks with Bimbus plenty of times before. The only thing different is that Corpse is coming along.

Oh. Maybe that's why.

Sykkuno couldn't stop thinking about what happened, the reveal of his actual soulmate. He'd never once got lucky with love, although he doesn't know if that's the feeling he holds yet.

He decides to mess around with Bimbus's leash, hoping to get his mind off it. But it only reminded Sykkuno of how still his fingers were due to the cold air.

"I guess I should buy gloves then. Maybe I should knit a pair."

"Hey Corpse?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you hold onto Bimbus's leash just for a bit?"

"Sure thing."

Corpse takes the rope in his hands and watches Sykkuno cup his mouth, blowing into his palms.

As they passed by the park, they looked at a couple of children. They threw snowballs at each other, making snow angels and building snowmen. It brings a smile to Sykkuno, happy that the kids are acting like kids. Although, he was surprised to see those few kids out so early in the morning.

He's glad that most children don't have to face the effects of loneliness.

Corpse stepped away from the other, letting his boots sink into white. He bent down and grabbed a clump of snow, rolling it around. "What are you doing?" Sykkuno asked. "I'm gonna make a mini snowman."

"Can I join?"

"Yes, please."

Sykkuno grabbed some snow, although his hands were freezing.

They spent their time silently assembling their snowman. Once they finished, Sykkuno pulled off two buttons from his jacket, "Woah, what are you doing?"

"Hm? I'm using the buttons for eyes."

"But those are on you're jacket."

"It doesn't matter much. The snowman deserves eyes too."

"He'll melt eventually,"

"So? I guess we can make their life as good as we can?"

Corpse sighs as Sykkuno places the black buttons on the head of the snowman. "What's done is done," he mumbles. Sykkuno nods and pulls out a piece of cloth from his pocket. He wraps the fabric around the neck. "We should give them a name!" he suggests. "Aren't you growing a little too attached to them?" Corpse points out, "When he melts, you're going to be devastated."