⟦ 11 ⟧

Corpse waited outside of the tea shop, biting the inside of his mouth.

When is Sykkuno coming outside?

Soon, the door opened, and Sykkuno popped out, wearing preppy clothing. Sykkuno stepped in front of him.

"Hi Corpse." he greeted.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, hey." Corpse stammered.

Corpse let his eyes travel to Sykkuno's ears, where he wore floral ear cuffs and earrings. He'd only ever see Sykkuno in more casual clothing, something plain. But, Sykkuno looked happier with these clothes. It wasn't anything crazy, just a simple green sweater vest over a white blouse.

Corpse felt severely underdressed with his shirt and jeans. But it was too late to change now.

"Corpse?" Sykkuno said softly, leaning down to look at Corpses eyes that were fixed to the ground.

"Uh— sorry." he coughed. "Should we go then?"

Sykkuno nodded and placed himself beside Corpse as they walked along the pavement.

The weather was especially nice today, with a light flurry and breeze. Although, Sykkuno still found his nose getting cold.

They were both too awkward to start a conversation, so they were stuck in a situation of silence.

Unbeknownst to them, Rae and Toast were following them from a safe distance away.

"They aren't doing anything," Toast says.

"Yeah, I can see that," Rae responds, annoyed. "Well, we can't interfere. This is their date."

She looks around before laying her eyes on the prize. "But maybe we can help out a little." she smiled. Rae walked across the street, Toast following behind her. Although she was the shortest of the bunch, she walked surprisingly fast.

They arrived at a shop where someone was selling flower bouquets. "Hello!" they said.

"Hi, do you have arrangements with Calendula?"

"I most certainly do.

"Thank you!" Rae eagerly paid the bill and hopped out of the building where Toast was waiting for her. "Flowers?"

"Yeah, Calendula."

"How picturesque."

"I don't know what that means, but yeah!"

✧ ✧ ✧

Corpse really wanted to hold his hand.

But he couldn't come up with an excuse for it. Sykkuno was wearing gloves. He can't use the "I'll use my hand to warm yours up." It wasn't a convincing reason. But, Sykkuno agreed to go on a date with him. Surely the barista would want something affectionate, right?

"So," he started.

"So," Sykkuno repeated.

Ah, this is embarrassing.

They passed many charming stores, all decorated for Christmas. Sykkuno often pointed out a few trinkets he saw through the display window. Corpse wanted to offer to buy some, but he was little on money considering he didn't have a job.

Corpse and heard some rapid footsteps behind them, but Sykkuno seemed to be zoned out. For a moment, Corpse looked behind him. Rae and Toast stood there, giving him big goofy smiles. Corpse noticed the girl holding an assortment of flowers.

The pair walked into an alleyway, beckoning Corpse over. Corpse was hesitant but decided to make a quick stop to see what his friends were up to. He tapped Sykkuno's shoulder, which snapped the brunet out of his daze. "Um, could you give me a few minutes? I'll be right back."

"Oh, sure!" Sykkuno said.

"Thanks."

Corpse turned around and rushed after Toast and Rae. Sykkuno was left there, his head tilted in confusion. He decided to wait patiently for Corpse to finish whatever it was he was doing.

Once Corpse entered the alleyway, he saw Rae and Toast with their backs up against the brick wall.

"What are you guys doing?" Corpse asked, stunned.

"Don't worry, we're not here to invade on your date." Toast answered.

"We figured you'd have a hard time on your first date because of how awkward you both are, so." Rae gestured to the bouquet. "I figured that this might break the ice." she handed them to Corpse.

"Wow, that's, Calendula..."

"Yeah, it fits, right?!"

Corpse nodded. "Is it okay if you hold on to these for now? I'd like to give them to him when we're finishing up."

The two nodded, smiles wide.

Corpse walked back to Sykkuno, who was staring at the road. "Hey, sorry for the interruption." Corpse apologized.

Sykkuno waved his hands lightly. "No, it's not a big deal." he fidgeted with the button on his blazer while they walked one again.

Corpse was trying his best not to fall apart. "Flowers, why didn't I think of that?" The gift for Sykkuno wasn't even something he had gotten. Does he really need his friends to cover for his own selfishness?

Sykkuno notices Corpse's discomfort and steps a little closer to the taller.

Corpse doesn't realize.

"This isn't going well. I have to do something!" Sykkuno wouldn't let Corpse feel all gloomy on their date. He finally decided it was time to take some initiative. Sykkuno slipped his hand with Corpse's.

The other looked at him, his eyes filled with hope.

"So, where exactly are we going?" Sykkuno asked.

"Uh, the... plaza." Corpse stammered.

"The plaza!? Yes! Let's go!" Sykkuno started sprinting off towards the plaza, still holding Corpse's hand. Corpse burst out with a laugh and ran with him, ignoring the glances from the people around them.

What was Corpse thinking about it? He couldn't remember. Where did this blast of energy come from?

The warmth he felt from Sykkuno's hand, the smile on his face, the one he didn't cover. A genuine feeling of love.

Who knew running could make you feel so surreal.

It felt like a dream when he was with him. It felt like the best dream he'd ever have. He wouldn't let some stupid thoughts ruin it for the both of them.

When they arrived at the plaza, both were bending over, out of breath. The couple both chuckled and took looks at one another.

"Sorry," Sykkuno giggles. "I noticed the tension, and I want this to be special."

"So he was worried about me." Corpse smiles. "I do too, I'll admit, I'm not super experienced."

"Well, there are a bunch of stands and stuff. What should we do first?"

Corpse hummed as he looked around. There were many people here, and he was sure to attract some attention due to his mask. But who cares. He was with Sykkuno.

Corpse will savour this moment to the max.

✧ ✧ ✧

:D

question: favorite kind of syrup?

have a good morning, afternoon or night!

-fai