⟦ 10 ⟧

This chapter and maybe 1-2 more till the end so so so so so so so so so sorry about the late updates, :(

Corpse recorded it in his calendar. He marked the date with a bright red X.

When Sykkuno decided to say yes to his invitation, Corpse went home and flopped down on his bed. Sure, he had gone on a date or two, but he needs it to be different. Sykkuno deserves the best, but Corpse had zero ideas. He learnt that Sykkuno's love life was unlucky, and Corpse desperately wanted to change that.

Corpse sat up and walked over to his desk, flipping open his notebook. He took his pencil and pressed the lead onto the paper. "Sykkuno likes flowers, tea, bass, his dog, uh... what else?" Corpse stopped for a moment. "Me."

"Wait, no. Sykkuno doesn't even know what he feels for me yet." Corpse whispered to himself. He groans and decides to stay up throughout the night.

Christmas was coming up, and he had made sure the date was on Christmas Eve, so that was already something.

The plaza was currently under renovation. A party committee decided they would hold a festival to celebrate the holiday. Even the ice rink would be opened to the public. It's a child's dream.

Corpse couldn't deny that Sykkuno would like it there, but he was hesitant. There would be many, many people. The thoughts would take over him like they always do. The overthinking might even cause him to lash out. He can't go near public areas.

"But this is for Sykkuno."

He's probably exaggerating it, considering it's the first date. But Corpse can't help it. He wants everything to go well.

Corpse takes a deep breath and walks over to the bed before laying down, staring at the ceiling.

Corpse imagines himself at school, alone.

Corpse wants to leave. It's too crowded here. Even in the bathrooms, the library and the classrooms.

What if everyone is secretly taking looks at him and talking up about his mask. Maybe a few had heard his voice before, and now they're talking about how he got it.

"He got into a fight and literally damaged his vocal cords."

"Seriously? It might be better to stay away."

He hated their voices. Corpse wanted nothing but to zip their mouths shut.

He despised them and their rumours.

Then someone had sat beside him, and he imagined that person to be Sykkuno.

The barista never treated him differently. Hell, he might even like Corpse back.

Corpse felt the surge of warmth overflow him, drifting him away from the cold that was loneliness. He smiled, and Sykkuno smiled back. Wherever he went, no matter how busy the area is, with Sykkuno, it's much better.

Corpse feels distracted from the thoughts and his paranoia. Sykkuno allows him to realize that he's not the violent person people think he is.

Sykkuno would probably remind him that it doesn't matter what others think since he'll never see them again anyway. Others are too cowardly to do anything other than stare and judge.

Sykkuno gives him advice. Yet doesn't listen to it himself.

Corpse pulls the covers over himself, deciding it would be best to get some sleep, as that's what Sykkuno would want.