Trauma

T.W.: talk of trauma and suicide

(There's an actual mental health screening that I used in this chapter (minus a few socal anxiety and bipolar questions that wouldn't make sense in the story). If you answer yes to most of the questions, please consider reaching out to someone. Stay safe <3)

"So, Dream, have you met many satyrs?" Puffy asked as she checked over some of Dream's newer injuries.

The Inu shook his head, "I've seen a few passing by, but I've never spoken to one."

Puffy nodded, "yeah. Satyrs are a bit more rare than Neko's and Inu's. Though not as rare as harpies."

"Aren't they about the same as kitsunes?" George asked.

Puffy hummed, "I think so. Okay Dream, none of your open wounds seem to be infected, which is good, but we will need to do some x-rays and MRI's. Then the mental screening."

The Inu nodded. He stood up, moving towards Karl slightly.

"Oh, I'm sorry Dream, they can't be in the x-ray room with you." Puffy told him.

"It's okay!" Karl smiled at the Inu, "we'll be here when you get back, you'll be safe."

Dreams ears flicked back and forth, "I'm-I'm not supposed to leave your side..."

"Sure you can!" Karl told him, "you're allowed to go wherever you want."

"It'll be about ten minutes, then you'll be back here." Puffy said.

Dream let out a breath, "okay..."

George watched as the Inu followed Puffy out of the room. He remembered what it was like for him when he was rescued from the black market. Everything had terrified him. But Puffy was gentle and patient. She sat with him until he calmed down.

"Are you okay?" Karl asked, sitting down next to the Neko.

George shrugged, "yeah."

"You know, you didn't have to come with." Karl said, "he would have been fine on his own."

George huffed, his tail flicking, "you don't know that. After what happened with Tommy and Wilbur-"

"Which we handled." Karl reminded him, "you don't have to force yourself through your trauma."

"I'm not-!" George sat up quickly, "I'm fine! Okay!? Worry about Dream. He needs our help right now."

Karl paused, "do you need to get out?"

The Neko curled up close to his friend. He wrapped his tail around his legs, his knees tucked under his chin. Karl didn't make any move to touch him, just allowing George to lean against his side.

"No..." George mumbled.

"We'll be out soon. Just a few more minutes." Karl told him.

George hummed, curling up tighter. He closed his eyes. The Neko found comfort in Karl's steady breathing. Proof that he wasn't locked up in a bright showroom, waiting for the next payer to come and-

George jumped slightly as the door opened. Puffy walked in, Dream close behind her. The Inu seemed much more relaxed than when he left.

Puffy smiled at them as Dream sat back down, "well, good news is that there's no new injuries. There were a few breaks and fractures, but all of them healed fairly well and there no need to mess with them."

"That's good." Karl gave a small sigh.

"Mhm." Puffy rubbed Dreams head, causing his tail to wag, "and the MRI was clear. Now it's time for the mental health screening. Karl and George would have to step out, unless you want them to stay?"