Doctor Visit

Dream woke up to someone gently shaking his shoulder, "Dream, wake up. It's time to get going."

The Inu groaned, slowly opening his eyes. Karl was standing there, a small smile on his face. Dream almost forgot that he'd fallen asleep on the armchair after Tommy and Wilbur left. The Inu sat up, slowly comprehending what the human had said.

"Where-" Dream yawned, "where are we going?"

"Doctors appointment." Karl told him, "did you forget?"

"No no! Sorry..." Dream said quickly, his ears pulling back, "I remember..."

Karl gave him a soft smile, "it's okay, I was just joking around. We're leaving in about ten minutes."

Dream nodded, "okay."

Karl reached out, gently rubbing behind Dream's ears. The Inu practically melted into the touch, his tail giving a small thump on the armchair. Karl resisted the urge to squeal. He didn't want to scare the Inu after he's already relaxed so much.

"Hey!" George huffed, walking into the room, "you don't pet me that much!"

Karl broke down in a fit of giggles,"Cause last time someone tried you nearly clawed Sapnap's face off!"

The Neko's tail flicked, "well that was Sapnap."

Karl rolled his eyes, "okay. Well let's get ready to go now that both of you are awake."

George hissed at Karl, but there was no malice behind it. The grey and pink eyed human laughed, gently shoving the Neko. George smiled as he stumbled slightly.

Dream sat back. He still felt uncomfortable watching the humans interact with the hybrids. It was strange for him, but he feared if he spoke up about it, he would get punished. The thought terrified him.

Dream looked around for a moment, noticing it was just him, Karl, and George in the room.

"Where-wheres Quackity and Sapnap?" Dream asked.

Karl turned back to the Inu, who shrunk slightly, "Big Q needed to file a case report, and has to deal with business at his casino. And Sapnap's out shopping for later tonight."

"What's later tonight?" Dream asked.

George grinned, flicking his tail, "it's a surprise."

Karl laughed lightly, "you're gonna scare him again! It's nothing bad, I promise. But we do have to leave now."

Dream nodded, quickly getting up and standing in position behind Karl. Head down, hands folded behind back. No closer than a few feet to the human.

"You don't have to do that." Karl told him, placing a gentle hand on his arm.

Dreams ears went back, "but I-I'm supposed to..."

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw George cross his arms and look away. But then his focus was drawn to Karl. The human gently pulled his hands out from behind his back, stepping to stand right beside the Inu.

"How about we start with just keeping your hands to your sides?" Karl told him, "can you do that?"

Dream nodded. He kept his hands down, resisting the urge to fidget with his fingers. The last time he had been caught doing that, he had been punished harshly.

Karl gave him a large smile. The small trio walked out to the car, Karl driving, George in the passenger seat, and Dream in the back. The car ride was much more peaceful than the previous one. Karl and George kept sending quips at each other, smiling a little wider whenever they made Dream laugh.

Soon, they pulled up to a small building. Dream quickly got out, rushing to open the door for Karl. However, before he could get there, Karl had already opened the door.

"It's okay Dream," Karl smiled at him, "you don't have to do anything like that anymore."

"Unless you want to." George shrugged, walking around the car, "some of the other Inu's Big Q has rescued genuinely liked helping people."

Karl giggled, "yeah. Okay, let's go. We're gonna be late."

Dream followed the human and the Neko into the building. The walls were a light cream color, with dark brown chairs lining the floor. A desk with a white marble top layed between two doors. A young kitsune was sitting in one of the chairs, right next to a Harpy with large black wings.

"Can I help you?" A young girl asked from behind the desk.

Karl stepped up. He told her the appointment details and she clicked away at the computer. Then Karl went back to Dream and George.

"Alright, the doctor should be out in a few minutes." Karl smiled as he sat down in a coffee colored chair, "you can sit if that's more comfortable."

Dream nodded, sitting in the chair between Karl and George. The Neko kept shifting around. He claimed the chairs were uncomfortable and too small to curl up in. His tail his Dream multiple times before a nurse came out.

"Dream?" He called, looking around the room.

The Inu looked to Karl, who smiled at him and stood up. Dream followed suit. George was right behind him as they walked through one of the doors and into another, smaller room.

"How is it so far?" Karl asked as the nurse left.

Dream shrugged, sitting on the bed, "it's, um, it's okay."

"You're taking it a lot better than I did my first time in a doctor's office." George laughed lightly, stretching out on the small cushioned bench in the room. "I'm pretty sure the doctor still has a grudge against me."

Karl muffled his laughter in his hoodie sleeve, "I don't blame her! You nearly clawed her face off!"

George blushed darkly, "shut up."

The door opened. Dreams eyes widened as a satyr walked in. Delicate gold chains hung from her ears and horns. Her fluffy white and brown hair framed her kind face.

She smiled at the Inu, "Hi. My name is Puffy, I'll be your doctor. You must be Dream?"