Learn How To Love

Dream held his breath as Quackity lead him downstairs. He could hear voices quietly talking. Quackity placed a gentle wing on his back, giving him a small smile.

"Do you want me to go ahead?" Quackity asked.

Dream shook his head, "can-can you stay with me?"

Quackity nodded, "okay, come on."

Dreams tail dropped as he and Quackity turned the corner into the living room. Three people turned towards him. The first he recognized as George, the Neko sitting on the back of the couch. He gave a soft smile to Dream.

The other two appeared to be human. The shorter had black hair tied up with a white bandana. He wore a white shirt over a black turtleneck, and baggy black jeans. His eyes were greyish-blue , with streaks of red in them. He gave Dream a large smile when he saw the Inu.

The taller man seemed to always be smiling. He had fluffy brown hair that almost hung in his grey and pink swirled eyes. The man wore a large, multicolored hoodie that hung over his hands. He let out a small giggle when he saw Dream, leaning into the black haired man.

"Dream," Quackity started with a smile, "these are my fiance's, Sapnap and Karl. And you've already met George."

"What!?" Sapnap yelled, "George! You said I'd get to meet them first this time!"

"I said that ages ago." George smiled with a flick of his tail, "my offer expired."

"George!" Sapnap shouted, lunging towards the Neko.

George hissed and jumped up on the back of the couch, lashing out at the other with his claws. Karl grabbed Sapnap, laughing as he did so.

"Stop it!" Karl told them, "you're gonna scare him!"

"Yeah Sapnap! You're scaring him!" George smirked, settling on the back of the couch.

"Shut up!" Sapnap huffed, then turned to the Inu, "so your names Dream?"

The Inu nodded, "y-yeah."

Sapnap smiled, "that's a cool name. You like it?"

Dream shrugged, "I-I guess? It's the only name I've had, so..."

Karl giggled lightly, "you don't have to be scared of Sap, he wouldn't hurt anyone."

Dream gave him a small smile. Karl seemed to have this relaxing aura around him. It made Dream feel safe.

"Why don't you come sit down?" Quackity suggested, "it'll be less awkward."

Dream nodded, following Quackity further into the room. Along with the couch, there were two armchairs. Dream sat in one. It was plush, so plush Dream almost yelped as he sunk down into it. The others piled on the couch. George balanced on the back while Quackity went to sit between Sapnap and Karl.

"So," Sapnap started, "what's your story Dream?"

"My story?" Dream echoed.

"Yeah, like what happened to you while you were being sold around." Sapnap explained, " and what happened while you were staying with those b-... People..."

Dream gulped, shrinking in the seat slightly, "w-well, I was sold off really young. I don't even remember my parents. The first person who bought me wanted to raise me to be a pet. She kept me for two years, I think, then she sold me again. I don't remember much, just that she was always dissapated in anything I did. My second buyer wanted me to be a show dog. He kept me for three years. B-but I couldn't do anything right, so he sold me again. My third buyer bought me for a ba- a bait dog. H-he-"

Dream gripped his arms tightly. He was only eight. He shouldn't have had to fight for his life. The images of bared teeth and blood and fur invaded his mind. And pain. So much pain. He could almost feel the teeth and claws of the much older, much stronger, Inu's tearing into him again. He almost preferred the whip of his owner when he lost.

"Dream?"

The Inu looked up with a small gasp. Quackity was there. He was holding his hands, rubbing them comfortingly.

"It's okay. You're safe here." Quackity told him, "you don't have to continue if you don't want to."

Dream nodded, taking a deep breath, "I'm okay. I-its just a lot. I was only there for a year. I was sold again because I was so weak. My next buyer wanted me to be a playmate for her children. It was... Nicer than a lot of other places... But I would play too rough with them and get beaten. I stayed there for three years. Then I was bought by this person. They wore a mask. They threw me in a room with a bunch of other Inu's and they were all- it was-"

"A breeding ring." Sapnap hissed.

Dream nodded, "I hated it there. Another Inu kept most of the others away from me. He would offer himself instead."

Dream closed his eyes tightly, "he was killed in front of me for it."

He heard Karl gasp. Dream felt Quackity squeeze his hands, trying to keep him in the present.

Dream opened his eyes slowly, "He told me his name was XD. He said I reminded him of himself. I was kept there for two years before being sold again. My next buyer wanted me to be a guard dog. He chained me to a fence outside his estate, along with another Inu who spoke mostly Spanish. He called himself Mexican Dream. I never knew why. He was killed by an intruder. I almost was too. I stayed for two years there."

Dream let out a sigh, "from then on I was up for sale every year. My owners starved me, beat me, locked me away. I couldn't do anything they wanted. I-I couldn't remember what they asked, o-or I would forget, or I would get distracted halfway through and I couldn't focus. Sometimes I would want to do something, but I just couldn't!"

"It's okay. You're not going to be expected to do anything here." Quackity told him, "all of that is over now."

"Really?" Dream whispered, looking up at him.

Sapnap and Karl walked up. Sapnap was the one to initiate the hug, holding the Inu tightly.

"You're not going to get hurt while you're here." Sapnap told him.

Karl joined the hug, "you're safe now."

"Thank you..." Dream said quietly, tears falling as Quackity joined the hug.

"George, get in here." Sapnap gave the Neko a smile.

George shook his head, "nah, I'm good."

"George!" Sapnap pulled away slightly.

The Neko just laughed, "you won't to anything!"

Sapnap huffed, running towards the Neko, "come here George!"

George laughed, jumping off the couch and running down the hall. Quackity sighed heavily, muttering about how he'd have to go stop them.

Karl laughed lightly as Quackity walked away, "don't worry, they're always like this. They don't actually hate each other. And they'd never purposely hurt each other."

Dream just stayed silent. Karl leaned his head on the Inu's shoulder.

"You'll see soon." Karl smiled softly, "we're a family. We would never hurt each other."

Dream managed a small smile. That sounded nice.

(AN: IGNORE THE LORE LET ME HAVE THE HAPPY FAMILY STORYLINE *cries*)