Chapter 57

My stomach twisted in agony as my sweet and longing appetite left my system after our chat. We exchanged our goodbyes as soon as she showed me the room we will be staying in for the night. The work about the case was tremendous and the sky was pouring raindrops unceasingly.

I close the door in the last room of the corridor on the second floor. The loud rain is hitting the glass violently filling the silence with a steady, almost musical tempo. The room is dominated by a bed in the middle of it as the nightstands at both sides of it decorate it. It's covered in darkness, though, I don't turn on the electricity. I walk to the closet; where she mentioned my angel had left a few clothes from the previous times he stayed here. I grab a white shirt, being aware that his sweatpants won't fit. I take off my red dress and climb under the covers having his shirt on.

A grin of satisfaction kisses my lips when the aroma of my angel fills my oxygen; he has worn this one before. I curl in a small ball under the warm blanket till my eyes close and darkness unravels around me entirely.

A warm surface blazes my back as it comes in contact with my flesh. A gasp escapes before I use all my will and open, slowly and almost, painfully, my heavy eyelids. Darkness still covers the room and the sound of hostile raindrops finds its way to my ears. Strong arms snake around my waist and pull me backward; I frown. I look down when I realize what's occurring in my sleeping state. He pushes himself in me as if he attempts to glue our bodies into one. He leans and buries his head into the messy hair on my neck. His breaths are quick, yet, heavy as if he has been running miles to find his way back to me.

My heart clenches automatically and I sense my whole skin getting goosebumps before numbing all my senses and pores magically. I pry my way between his secure embrace and turn around to face him. Despite his expression of denial at the start, he lets me turn. Our eyes attach under the shroud of darkness and gloom. I can decipher, unquestionably and easily, the self-doubt and rage on my blue ocean sky. His pupils are dilated; black has drowned the sapphire blue. The enchanting glow in them is lost. I have never witnessed them like this.

I raise my hand, slowly, to show him my incentives; terrified of scaring him. Is this fright? I rest my fingers on his cheek; my thumb runs upon his slack lips. I sense his intake of my breath against my skin.

"What's going on?" I whisper. He continues staring at me without offering me an explanation. The silence stretches between the few inches that separate us. His warmth radiates off of his body and reaches mine, yet, there's something about this time. He leans and connects our brows and seals his lids. I frown peering at his exhausted facial characteristics. I tense when seconds pass. The anxiety floods and lights in my veins transforming my relaxed body into a rigid one.

"Corbyn, what..." He stirs against me; he lies above me covering my smaller form with his bigger one. He hides his face in my neck as his blonde strands caress my cheek. I pass my fingers through his smooth hair as my other hand strokes his naked back. The temperature of my body ignites as it stays united with his. A flaming bend made of iron burns my stomach painfully. I can't bear this fake quietness. I would rather be in his battleground instead of his pretended shiny happiness.

I attempt to gain some answers again with utter unsuccess. I'm worn-out, though, my body can't loosen up a bit if Corbyn is like that. As if his chains are tearing both of us apart.

Soundless seconds and minutes pass by under the shade of melancholy. I bite my lower lip. I take his face in my hands and bring it before mine. His eyes are dingy and dull as his face is dusty. Bitter concern burns my cells one by one tortuously. The oxygen escapes from my lugs at the sight. He peers at me for a few seconds before his lips capture mine. I can taste the agony and pounding pain of his crashing through me. His tongue chases mine as I push him down to me. I tug at the hair in the back of his neck feeling them trapping my fingertips. His kisses are long and energy-draining as if he steals my energy, achingly, to keep himself going. His lips are pouring the emotions of his bruised heart. Fear and anger collide and implode inside him.