Chapter 31

My pen's color expands on the paper as words and numbers fill the white paper with my notes. The darkness of the night caused to me switch on the lamp on my nightstand. The ink seems to be glowing under its yellow light. The heavenly music in my ears is being distracted by a loud thump; I turn around to find the origin. My angel's grin is infectious.

"What's going on?" My eyes travel into my room. A black bag rests on the floor next to Corbyn's feet. He sweeps me off of the bed winding me in his embrace.

"Remember when you asked me to bring some clothes?" My eyes widen.

"That's your clothes?" He nods and I land my lips above his. "No more leaving in the morning?"

"Or the night," He adds and a feeling of fullness and happiness erupts inside my heart.

"It will be like living together," I say wanting to see if the possibility scares him. Though, the angelic grin he gives me along with his twinkling eyes makes every single doubt of mine fade away, completely and utterly. He moves us to the bed, though, before I can sit on it, I utter.

"No, no, no, you need to put them in the dresser."

"It can wait,"

"They will need ironing later and I doubt you need how to iron," He rolls his eyes and after grabbing and unzipping the bag, he starts placing his clothes in my dresser.

My lips part in shock as I narrow my eyes following his movements. I bottle up a giggle and take the pile of shirts from his hands.

"I'll do that," I propose.

"It's not that..."

"My eyes hurt," I joke taking out the clothes he put and setting them on the mattress.

"What are you doing?" He asks frowning.

"I'm going to fold them in the right way. And maybe, you need to see me doing it. I don't think my eyes can take more of that," I purse my lips together not to laugh but he dashes at me throwing me in the bed. My laugher escapes swelling my room with its sound. Laying, I look up at his blue glowing eyes full of humor and the emotion that clenches all of me. I clear my throat as he smirks.

"Going somewhere?" He asks playfully yet his sensual tone makes me bite my bottom lip as a known feeling wash me over.

"I-I have work to...uhm..to do," I manage to say shuttering. His body is pressed against mine driving me insane with that flaming passion that crushes through me as his eyes are glowing.

"I don't think so,"

"We can't leave it like this," I wave my hand towards the mess on my bed as his scattered clothes are thrown on the floor as well.

"Oh, I think we can," He, slowly and achingly, leans down but when I think his lips will connect with mine, I sense them almost touching my skin. The somewhat contact brings fire on my flesh torturing my heart in the process. I feel his smirk as he continues caressing my skin without actually touching me. I try to suppress a moan of disappointment. I know he knows what he does to me.

"Corbyn," I whisper and my voice comes out even lower than I would want it to. He doesn't stop, though, a knock on the door halts his movements after a few seconds. He stands up heading to the door as I frown at the sudden abrupt.

"Can we talk for a second?" Jacob's voice makes Corbyn frown just before he closes the door behind him leaving me laying on the bed alone. Their murmuring right outside the door buzzes my ears while I fold my angel's clothes. I bring one of his black shirts to my nose and closing my eyelids, I let my mind remember all of the times that I felt that aroma takes me away; all the moments I felt safe, wanted and cherished while that scent was blanketing all of our moments.