Chapter 46

Corbyn's POV.

Her delicate breath moves up and down her chest against me. I feel her breathing above my skin and there's nothing more soothing. I run my fingers upon the fabric of the shirt and a grin of pride finds its way to my lips; my shirt. Her flesh burns under mine. Her head is placed above my chest, and I remember that I have never asked her if she can, actually, hear my heartbeat; how she makes it spike with one look or one silky touch of hers when, even, her fingertips brush my skin. I will never get used to the way my body responds to her. I want her more than any other girl that was before her. Sometimes, seeing how my past aches her, I just want to delete all there was before her and remember only her. Her.

It's terrifying; the power she has over me is mortifying. She can make me the happiest I have ever been or crush me down with one word. No one else has that influence over me. And the best part; I don't mind. I trust her, I know the goodness and innocence of her soul won't tear me to pieces. She loves me. All of me.

Her eyelashes flutter, slowly, once in a while as they, usually do when she's fast asleep. I love watching her sleep; I have done it a thousand times and I wish every day that I have the chance to do it another thousand. I wander my fingers in her hair and curl it around my fist revealing the skin of her neck. The voices of the movie annoy me and I bury my head in her neck, breathing in the aroma of her. It has always a certain sweetness on it, it melts all the rageful parts of me.

A few murmurs around the living room cause me to clench my teeth. I nearly lost the best thing I have in my life and when I gained her back, her friends barged in here. All I wanted is to make love to her till the sunrise, to hold her against me and reassure both of us that this didn't shatter us. I didn't want to leave the bed, and when her friends appeared, I wanted to kick them out. But when it comes to her, I can't follow the instincts that were used to drive my life. There are ruff and angry, and she's too sensitive for any of that.

The murmurs around me increase. I lean up to check if she has woken up. When I see her lids closed, I let out a breath. If she was woken up, I would be kicking them out. Hating the idea, I carry her in my arms and take her upstairs. Once we're out of their annoying stares, I roll my eyes.

I try to be as quiet as possible knowing how easy is for her to wake up. I let her upon the cottony sheets, gently. I lean up staring down at my sleeping angel, my girl, and I can't stop myself. I wrap a strand around my finger and place it behind her ear to admire her face; the locked lashes, the rosy slack lips, the long brunette hair with highlights of blonde mixed in them. I kiss her briefly on the forehead but I'm too selfish. I grip her chin and press my lips against hers. If I have any chance to survive the douchbags downstairs, it's her. I bite her bottom lip sensing it, softly, between my teeth and I know she has been crying a lot today. My heart clenches sending pain down my toes.

"I love you," I whisper and exit her room.

I take a deep breath to keep my temper in control and sit down on the couch around all the friends she used to have before she met me. I sense my annoyance magnify within me. All I crave right now is right upstairs. I just want to sleep with my girl. Last night, I didn't sleep well, I was staring at the ceiling thinking about the future I can provide my baby girl. I lock my eyes and lean my head back on the top of the sofa not fucking interested in watching this sappy movie. I close my eyes and think of her.

The noise, eventually, fades away yet a throat-clearing catches my attention. I lean up to find them all staring back at me. I arch my eyebrow.

"Why did you come in here?" A red-haired boy inquires.

"I think it's time for you to go," I say. It's the right fucking time.

"I don't think so," The boy who was drowning my girl in fucking hugs, sardonically, mumbles and my eyes narrow. "What are you doing with her?"