Chapter 52

"I don't want to go home," I complain. My angel's eyes turn to me.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't want to do something special. Maybe, just walk,"

"Okay," A smile brightens my face without my control as an idea appears in my head unexpectantly.

"Can we go somewhere?" I ask.

Corbyn parks the car aligned with all the others in front of a park. I climb out of my seat and close the door inhaling in the clear air while my eyes scan the green area around me.

High trees planted along with colorful flowers between the grass cover the slope. I interview my fingers with Corbyn's and begin to walk following the small grey path of gravels. The sound of my footsteps as my shoes touch the ground echoes like a sweet soothing melody. Peals of laughter and different voices from various conversations from afar penetrate the pacific atmosphere of the late afternoon. The sun has almost drowned in the depths of the earth, yet, the sky is clear blue dotted by moving creatures as lullabies from birds, and the distant cars distract me.

"Thank you," I say. "I used to come here a lot,"

"Really?"

"Yea. Whenever I needed a break from studying, or I was angry at my mum. I used to walk through the whole park for my dancing lessons," I grin. I glance sideways and witness the way an angelic smile of happiness blesses his lips.

"Dancing lessons," He repeats. "That reminds me of good times," I giggle at his words. "You used to fight a lot with your mum?" He questions after a few silent minutes.

"No, we had our arguments, but we mostly saw eye-to-eye."

"Unlike me," He murmurs with a scowl.

"I know that deep down it's hurting you," I mutter; softly and stand in front of him, halting our relaxed strolling. "But she's the one who loses the most. You don't deserve that kind of treatment, from anyone, let alone your mother," His eyebrows furrow as he puffs out air.

"I hate them all," He chuckles affectedly, in a forced way as if he attempts to lighten up his own dark mood with unsuccess. "I don't want to have anything to do with any of them. And you..." He rocks his head. "You have lost your parents. What about other relatives?"

"We didn't have any close relations with them. We would call once in a while and meet with them a few times over the year but nothing more," I answer even though I don't comprehend his intentions. He narrows his eyes and turns sideways, away from me; his eyes travel around as if he's seeking something that doesn't come. However, he expects the disappointment; he awaits it.

"You have your sister and your grandparents," I add, recalling his words.

"I didn't go there," He says, and I frown. When he turns to me, his eyes are ice cold, freezing me. I haven't witnessed them like this for a while; I don't like it. He chuckles, providing me no clues, as he brushes his hand over his face, hiding momentarily from my persistent gaze.

"I didn't mean it like that," He says softly, smiling at me. All the hardness, now, is gone. "I was thinking earlier about something. Yea, I have my grandparents and my sister, but they won't be there when I need them. They won't stand by me and face the problems I'm dealing with," I frown, again, disconnecting our eye contact. Although, he doesn't seem content with it since his fingers raise my chin restoring the damage I caused.

"You will," His smile is soft and honest, though, I discern the insecurity and fear crackling between his blue eyes surrounding his dark pupils who seem to consume more and more of my favorite blue by every breath I take.