Chapter 6

"When do you want to go?" I ask Noah as we walk through the crowded school corridors. The voices and waves of laughter are bouncing around the boisterous environment. After we found the ideal present for Anna, we have been trying to locate the right store.

"Can we go after school? I want to get it done to have it surely ready until Friday," He exclaims over the noise.

"Okay," From the corner of my eye, I catch Jacob's form approaching us with a grin stretched across his face. I mirror his expression instantly.

"How did it go?" His arms swirl me around making me laugh.

"She melted and I get to kiss her at the end of the date," He announces proudly.

"When are you going to see her again?" Noah questions.

"Friday night,"

"Oh my God, I'm so happy for you," I murmur with a smile.

"Oh, by the way," As if he remembered, he looks over at a boy who stands by his side. "This is Christian," Jacob points at an unknown tallboy. His hair is full of blonde streaks that stand out to his brown hair. His honey eyes are watching me as he addresses his words to me.

"We have met," I frown not recognizing him from before.

"We have?"

"I'm Corbyn's cousin. We met at a party," I nod offering him a weak smile. Seeing my memory failing me, he adds.

'We met right before a girl came doubting Corbyn's relationship with you,"

"I-I remember," The annoyance from that moment floods my system as I recall the way she barked at me for being Corbyn's girlfriend and how her friend supported her pointing out how many girls Corbyn had slept the time we were apart.

"By the way, where is Corbyn?" Noah's voice leads me back to my reality.

"I don't know," I respond darting glances around to detect his glistening blonde hair. "I haven't seen him,"

"He's on the soccer field, we have practice. And we're already running late. We'll see you later," Jacobs says rapidly as he gets lost among the moving silhouettes with Christian.

My feet are scratching the glowing glass under the strong sunlight that has fallen every corner of the soccer field. It's packed with forms who run around the track, playing soccer in the middle, or doing pushes-ups in the back while another group of boys wearing football shirts is sitting around a middle-aged man.

The daylight makes me blink a couple of times and the fever that claims my body creates a sugary sweat on my back. I grin broadly when my angel runs towards me. He cups my cheeks crashing his hot lips on mine and I moan at the high temperature his body offers mine.

"You're really happy to see me," I look up at him smiling and his expression is a reflection of mine.

"Always," He says capturing my lips on his again, and butterflies leap in my stomach.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going with Noah to help him with something about Anna. I don't know when I'll be done. Will you come tonight?"

"It depends," He strokes my cheek with the back of his knuckles.

"On what?"

"My appointment with my lawyer. Tomorrow is the court,"

"I know," His electric eyes have hardened and the grin he greeted me with is just a faded memory. I don't know what's going on in that court but whatever it's; it's hurting him.