Chapter 19

#war2wp

Chapter 19

Shift

I woke up the next day with a headache because I slept later than I expected. Mahigit tatlong oras lang yata akong nakatulog at pakiramdam ko, magkakasakit ako. Still, I have to meet with Jourdaine in the cafe near the hotel so instead of going back to sleep I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

I wore a white spaghetti strapped cropped top under an oversized beige coat. For my bottoms, I wore a loose pair of fern green trousers and completed the whole look with a pair of white chunky shoes and a small black shoulder bag. I layered some gold necklaces and wore a simple pair of earrings. I clipped my hair up and I wore a pair of huge black sunglasses.

I strutted confidently outside the hotel I stayed in last night and I immediately dialed Jourdaine's number.

"I'm already outside," I told her. "I got up late. Sorry," I grinned.

The city was busy as usual. But I really love the morning vibe---although it's already past 9. Maingay pero gusto ko0 ang tunog ng ingay ng New York.

"Already anticipated it," Jourdaine said from the other line. 

"Pinuyat mo kasi ako eh," I kidded and chuckled. "I'm on my way."

Mabilis din akong nakarating sa cafe kung saan nandoon si Jourdaine. She's wearing a basic white cropped top and a pair of blue jeans. She brought a small black handbag with her and completed the look with a pair of white shoes. Simple yet because of her slim figure, nice torso, and a pair of slim legs, she still looked really amazing. May shades din si Jourdaine pero inangat n'ya 'yon sa ulo n'ya kaya nagmukhang headband. 

Jourdaine occupied a table inside the cafe. She called for a waiter immediately after she sighted me. Saktong pagdating ko, dumating na rin ang waiter. I quickly tried to order something so the waiter wouldn't wait too long. Nang mapansin ng lalaking waiter ang pangangarag ko, agad s'yang ngumiti sa akin.

"Take your time," he grinned at me. 

I smiled back and chuckled. "Sorry. I'm getting the croissant and a cup of cortado."

"Anything else?" he asked me. 

I looked at Jourdaine who sipped on her americano.

"I think, we're good. Thank you." I smiled politely.

"How was your sleep?" Jourdaine asked immediately after the waiter left. 

I eyed her because I wanted to complain about her calling the waiter right away. Pero hindi na lang ako nagreklamo at sinagot na lang ang tanong. 

"After you left, hindi ako nakatulog kaagad," I smiled at Jourdaine and I pulled my sunglasses up, just like what Jourdaine did with hers. "My mind couldn't stop thinking about it."

Maybe the silence of my hotel room and the night made me reminisce again. Talagang kapag mag-isa ako, ang dami kong naiisip na kung anu-ano. 

"About what?" tanong ni Jourdaine. She crossed her legs and held the cup of americano with both hands as she sipped on it again.

"I mean. . .him." Tumawa ako nang kaunti, na-realize na nakakahiya palang aminin 'yon.

"Be direct, Rin," ani Jourdaine, inilalapag na ang baso pabalik sa saucer. It made a slight clink sound. "Hiel."

I sighed. Dinig na dinig ko ang ingay ng syudad at ng mga tao sa loob ng cafe. Amoy na amoy ko rin ang mabangong amoy ng brewed coffee.

I've always liked the smell of cafes.