Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Clip

"Wow. Brylee is such a cute girl," kumento ni Jourdaine at napangiti ako bago tumango. 

I watched Jourdaine as she leaned on the railing. I smiled and glanced at the city. Although the lights were pretty--like scattered stars in a dark evening sky--my attention was elsewhere. It seems like I adore my memories more than the beautiful scenery in front of me. 

"She is. She was a little sister to me," I said, my heart was warming up because of the memory.  

"You're so obsessed with treating younger kids like they're your younger siblings," ngiwi ni Jourdaine sa akin at napatawa ako.

Her sultry eyes looked annoyed. Weirdly, she looks prettier when mad. Every time she dates someone, she has always been dominant because of her personality. 

"Because I loved the idea of being a caring sister!" Natatawang sabi ko.

I know that Jourdaine won't understand where I'm coming from. She hates having siblings. 

"Yeah, right. I can't with your over friendliness," iling n'ya nang kaunti.

Oh, I know you, Jourdaine. You don't mean it that way.

"If it wasn't because of my over-friendliness, you wouldn't have been friends with me."

Jourdaine shrugged and acted as if she doesn't care but I know that deep inside, she deeply cares for me. 

The thing about me, I love making friends. I want to be friends with almost everyone. Pero may mga kaibigan akong alam kong pinakamalalapit sa akin. I've been transferring from one country to another. I've met tons of people. Because of my work, I get introduced to different individuals--businessmen, politicians, or even public personalities. My friend's friends are my friends too. 

Pero kahit na maraming kakilala, people like Jourdaine are the people I know will stay with me even at the lowest of lows or at the highest point of my life. 

People like Jourdaine. . .people like. . . 

Hiel.

But I treated Hiel more than a friend because he was a brother to me. 

"Ate, how do you do it? Is it like this?" Inipit ni Brylee ang buhok n'ya gamit ang isang kulay pink na clip na mayro'ng disenyong paru-paro. 

She clipped it loosely so I had to fix it for her. Maingay ang paligid dahil dismissal na ng mga klase nila at naglalaro na ang ibang mga bata. 'Yon nga lang, ang klase nina Brylee, may tinatapos pang quiz kaya hindi pa nagsisilabasan. Fortunately, Brylee finished her quiz quickly. Hiel is still inside and I think, he's making sure that his answers are correct. 

"There," sabi ko habang inaayos ang buhok ni Brylee.

She saw me wearing one last time and she said that she wanted to have it on her too. Kaya naman sa sumunod na pagkikita namin, mayro'n na s'yang dalang clip na sinubukan n'yang ilagay sa buhok n'ya.

"Bagay ba?" She asked me, grinning.

I nodded. It looks cute on her. Bagay sa kan'ya ang mga pambabaeng mga ipit na tulad no'n at ang mga matitingkad na mga kulay. It makes her sweet features pop more and it also make her girlier.

"It looks so good on you," I complimented. 

"Do you think Hiel will like it, Ate? I think he likes it when you wear one," ani Brylee at nagtataka ko s'yang tiningnan.