Thirteen

A few weeks pass of actual bliss on the dark time you've been in possibly the most beautiful castle in the universe.

        The whole time Loki is kind, caring, compassionate.

        It baffles you to no end.

        Fortunately, Odin becomes busy with the higher-up Asgardians, so neither you nor Loki has to deal with him.

        It's strange how Loki sort of hates Odin, someone whose approval he chases after.

        Loki hasn't flipped in the past couple of weeks, so that's progress. You just know there's a good person somewhere buried down deep under.

        You're sitting at the end of the bed, staring into space as you attempt to process the feelings you seem to have started developing toward Loki

        It's been a short time, but he's opened up to you and you to him.

        You feel comfortable and happy around him.

        Him? He's treated you like shit... but he's explained why... but that doesn't heal the physical and mental wounds... he's hurt you, been cruel toward you, abused you... confusing.

        A lightbulb goes off in your head.

        Stockholm syndrome! Of course. It's either Stockholm syndrome or some sort of spell. That has to be it.

        Your thoughts are interrupted when none other than Loki Friggason walks into the room.

        You bite the inside of your cheek and quickly turn away from him.

        He walks over to you, and you internally groan when he crouches in front of you, straight into your line of vision.

        "What's wrong?"

        "Don't you already know? I know you can read my mind. You've done it many times before." You snap, not knowing what else to say.

        Loki tucks some hair behind your ears, "I won't read your mind anymore without your permission." He whispers.

        You stare at him, completely and utterly shocked.

        "You won't?" You inquire, voice incredibly quiet.

        He smiles a bit, "No." He confirms softly.

        Maybe he isn't so bad... STOP IT! He's trying to confuse you and convince you he's nice!

        You've been repeating these things to yourself since he flipped to being sweet, comforting, and thoughtful.

        Telltale textbook abuse.