Ten

You wake up to an empty bed, causing you to freak out a bit.

        You sit up in bed and look around the room, then Loki walks in as quietly as possible before laughing when he sees you're awake.

        You just stare at him, so Loki opens the door a bit wider to pull a cart in.

        "I didn't know what you liked, so I got everything," He informs hopefully.

        You slowly scoot down to the edge of the bed as Loki brings the cart over to you.

        He uncovers the food, revealing countless types of breakfast foods.

        Fruit; croissants; crêpes with chocolate spread, more fruit, and powdered sugar; eggs scrambled, poached, fried, over easy, and omelets; hashbrowns; boiled water with different tea leaves beside it; coffee; and finally water are all on the massive wheeled table.

        You chuckle, "You really did get everything."

        "Yeah... well, I hope you like some of these things."

        You nod and grab your favorites.

        After eating, you get dressed, brush your teeth, and finish getting ready for the day.

        When you reenter the room, Loki's standing out on the balcony as he looks over the gardens, town, and commons of Asgard.

        "Quite the lovely day," Loki comments, sensing you behind him.

        You cautiously walk toward him, "It truly is."

        Loki glances over at you as you enjoy the incredible view.

        "It would be a wonderful day to do something." Loki warily remarks.

        You slowly nod.

        "If you're uncomfortable with going out, then we can stay in."

        You look over at him with a raised brow, "We?"

        "Oh, I'm sorry." Loki mumbles.

        You shake your head, "It's okay... you helped me."

        "But that doesn't mean you owe me. I just did what any being should do."

        You fully turn to him, "Not everyone would, though."

        "That's still wrong."

        You hum in agreement.

        "Come with me."

        You look at him in complete confusion, so Loki chuckles and drags you over to the bed.

        "Do you like books?"

        Your brows knit together, "Yes... why?"

        Loki summons a blank book and holds it out toward you, "Just put your hand on the book."

        You slowly lay your palm on the cover of the book. Green magic ripples out from your hand, changing the book completely.

        You gasp and pull your hand up to see y/f/b cover.

        You lift your head to look at Loki. Your eyes widen in excitement, a massive smile spreading across your face.

        All of your negative thoughts for Loki are now temporarily put on hold.

-Loki POV-

        Seeing her lovely face contort in happiness makes my heart melt for some reason.

        "Would you like me to read it to you while you get some much-needed rest?" I ask gently.

        Her grin broadens, "I want to read it!"

        I throw my head back in laughter at her euphoria I'm sure she hasn't had in a while.

-Your POV-

        You surprisingly enjoy reading aloud to Loki, and you strangely feel comfortable.

        But you're still on guard.

        Loki changes whose side he's on practically every hour or so.

        But he's relaxed. His hands are interlocked behind his head, his eyes are closed, and he's grinning from ear to ear as you read enthusiastically.

        He looks calm, content, maybe even happy.

        That's all ruined when a knock comes at the door.

        Loki's eyes snap open, his smile vanishes, and he takes his hands from behind his head as he gets up.

        He opens the door to reveal a servant.

        "I'm sorry, Prince Loki... you have to be in the meeting room." She informs.

        Loki nods shortly, "Okay. I'll leave soon."

        The servant bows her head and curtsies before leaving.

        Loki slowly closes the door and silently puts on his armor while you watch, still holding the book.

        "Go ahead and continue the book," Loki mutters.

        You shake your head, "No. I'd like to resume it with you if that's okay." You whisper.

        You can see Loki's lips curl up a bit, and a slight blush tints his cheeks before he looks away.

        "That's fine." He confirms flatly, then he leaves.

        He's now acting so sweet to me... it's weird. I don't understand him at this point. He rescued me when I thought he was just as bad as his father, but he's strangely acting as if I matter to him in some way.

        An idea pops into your head, making you grin.