𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

╔ ——————————————— ╗

                         "Your Midas touch on the Chevy door
                        November flush and your flannel cure"

                            ╚ ——————————————— ╝

tw : alcohol consumption. don't drink alcohol under the legal age kids , and keep it on a low - liver transplants don't have a very high success rate.

IT SEEMED THAT ALL days were fading into one , a hazy blur - as though the world were smoke and they were all passersby. 

Far away , even in the snug highlands of Caithness , carols seemed to merge into the air , chatter melting into the zephyr and milking Amaya's heart like honey to a bumblebee.  After a long time , it finally seemed as though everything was slowly falling into place - years of aimlessness had created a beautiful imagery , and she could suddenly find her way out of the maze her mind had locked her into.

The past days into Christmas were all spent with last-minute gift shopping , playing card games with Remus and randomly sneaking out at night to the kitchen for food with an equally hungry Sirius , or playing losing games of wizard's chess with Peter and taking walks with James by the gardens. At first , Amaya had been apprehensive of James' offer to stay at the Manor till the onset of New Year - thinking that she might over-stay her welcome , but Peter agreed to the invitation that had been extended to him as well , and Amaya went with the majority. It had been ages since they had had a 'Marauders' Christmas , after all. Hogwarts was closed for the winter break , few staying back at the castle - and Amaya saved the rest of her free time to visit Andy at her seaside cottage , where the salt laced wind died in her throat and the golden sand meshed between her toes as the pair shared a warm cup of tea ; or to Narcissa at the Malfoy Manor , where they spent half their time in the garden , simply talking peacefully or making vacation plans they knew they would never be able to commit to due to individual workload and the other half scurrying after Draco who , was of the firm opinion that the walls of the manor needed an artistic touch - and who better to do it than him , of course ?

All of which led to the now , where Amaya - in search of James - had decided to walk towards the balcony looking out to the gardens below of the Potter Manor after Remus had complained by saying ,"Someone put a fucking corkscrew on his mouth or I will !"

Apparently , Sirius had decided it would be a good idea to get wasted on Christmas Eve instead of completing the decorations in the living area - and had proceeded to do so by stealing a few bottles of Odgin's Olde firewhiskey from the cellar , and James had joined him in the holy rituals - which had resulted in a frustrated Remus having to deal with having to drag his boyfriend out of the room and towards the bathroom , while James had embarked on a spontaneous nightly tour of the manor where he had lived for two decades.