𝖙𝖜𝖔

╔ ——————————————— ╗

                   "Seasons change and our love went cold."

                           ╚ ——————————————— ╝

"J- POTTER ?", Amaya questioned , mahogany eyes widening to the point that they could be mistaken for saucers

"J- POTTER ?", Amaya questioned , mahogany eyes widening to the point that they could be mistaken for saucers. Her copper gaze drifted towards Professor Dumbledore , the latter's cerulean irises twinkling behind half-moon spectacles. 

"Good morning , Professor Shafiq", Dumbledore greeted with a gracious smile , and Amaya returned a forced one.

"Good morning , Headmaster."

This time , it was James' turn to be surprised. He stuttered , taking in the sight of the former Slytherin he had last talked to five years prior - "Wait ....... Professor Shafiq ?"

Dumbledore nodded appreciatively , walking up to take a seat at his desk - nails barely brushing against the leathern handle of his chair.

"Yes , Professor Shafiq here is our faculty for Basic and Advanced Potions as well as the Head of the House for Slytherin", He retorted - answering James' question. The latter nodded , and both Amaya and him waited as Dumbledore began explaining.

"You must be wondering why I called you , Professor. The reason is that we need you to show Mr. Potter's office , the third to the left on the fourth floor", Dumbledore said , with an air of informality as he watched Amaya silently piece it together.

"He is the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher ?!", Amaya enunciated , a look of disbelief painted across her features - as she looked over at James , the latter's stare fixated onto the floor.

"That would be so. Please , if you may."

Controlling the fervent wish to sigh childishly , she nodded with a small smile - silently gesturing towards James to follow her through the door.  Dumbledore let a smile overcome his worn features as he watched them disappear through the exit. He hoped that the pair would mend their bond , and somewhere along - he wished that they would help each other stitch their souls back together.

As they took the flight of stairs towards the onyx gargoyle guarding the entrance , a nervous breath escaped Amaya's strawberry lips - fingers subconsciously fisting the fabric of her jumper as she stiffly walked ahead of him - neither paying attention to where she was going nor whether he was following her or not.

But one could not blame her. It was more than overwhelming having to meet someone you had wished to avoid for the remainder of your existence. Being within a few feet of him , it made adrenaline rush through her veins - the wounds of yesterday fresh on her coffee skin to remind her of the consequences that had come with being James' friend in the past. Their footfalls synchronised together to create an echo across the scant corridors - most students still at breakfast. Rosy sunlight irradiated their path like burning fragments of a dying fire upon a path of coal.