𝖙𝖊𝖓

╔ ——————————————— ╗

                             ╔ ——————————————— ╗

                                  "So I keep thinking back to

                               A time under the canyon moon"

                             ╚ ——————————————— ╝

                                      [  18nth December , 1977 ]

Amaya had never quite expected to be where she was standing as of the moment. Spending any holiday , that too Christmas out of everything , at Grimmauld Place was something  that she had never fathomed , hardly anticipated. She looked out of place , felt out of place - but she knew she wasn't , no. Maybe she felt like a pariah , but the family members behaved civilly with her , almost pleasantly. Amaya decided that she was going to put her pureblood charms to use , and would soak up all the attention while she had the chance. She knew the faux , honeyed smiles sent her way were all a result of her blood - but she was going to reap the benefits.

"I still can't believe you don't celebrate Christmas back at home. The gifts are the only reason I celebrate , of course", Andy muttered , helping Amaya unpack her clothes. The latter smiled weakly , shuffling the duvet aside as she sat at the edge of her designated bed in the guest bedroom just a corridor away from Cissa's room.

The unbridled sunlight entered the room unfiltered , the windows open as a winter zephyr picked up , a slight edge of coal in it. Andy told her it was her favourite room , one of the few in the manor that did not hung heavy with the blossoms of constant gloom. Amaya's fernleaf eyes followed Andy's retreating figure , her voice distant , far-away as she spoke ,"Dinner's at eight. I am glad you are spending the holidays with us."

And Amaya didn't know what to say , so she only continued to give an assuring smile.

                                            ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

"You do know that there is a levitating charm , right ?", Amaya raised a brow , pulling her wand out as she proceeded to fix the star atop the towering Christmas tree , adorned with wreaths and golden balls sparkling with some mercury dust , embellished with miniature dolls crafted with wood and painted in oils. It stood aloof in a corner , across from the armchairs neatly arranged in front of the marble fireplace , and her bare feet softly pattered across the carpet sprawled underneath.

She watched with a small smile as Regulus and Barty exchanged sheepish looks , limbs in a tangle as they lay on the floor.

"Regulus and I thought that we should be the ones to put the star , and we wanted to reach it so.....", Barty trailed off , realising the futility of this planned scheme.