𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

[ 8th APRIL , 1975 ]

                      ╔ ——————————————— ╗

          "I just can't imagine how you could be so okay , 

                           now that I'm gone.

                     ╚ ——————————————— ╝

AMAYA Shafiq was slowly withering away.

She was choking onto the crystalline waters of the rivulets of pain she had consumed within herself , the thunder of her own self-doubt striking her down and refusing to let anything blossom within her dying heart. She screamed for help , but no sounds emanated. She wondered if others did hear her - but still pretended not to.

Her eyes opened up to the rose-tinted sunlight that stained the glass windows of her room.

With a sigh , she dragged herself out of bed. She had written to her sister about this ..... sensations of nothingness that plagued her soul - considering her parents were almost always away on business - and her sister had very chivalrously proclaimed in the reply that Amaya was simply lazy , that the glamourous summer in Paris had tainted her ; and she should concentrate for it was her O.W.L year.

Amaya never complained to her sister after that.

It was almost the end of the year , the ending mark of January having just passed. They would be sitting for their examinations in June , and almost everyday was spent by Amaya in the library. When the amaranthine rings underneath her eyes deepened , she did not care. She could hardly sleep anyways , and sacrificing the time to read was not very bad.

Her fingers fumbled with the ends of her expensive woollen jumper , nails brushing constantly against the olive stained fabric as she went about gathering her books into her messenger bag. Her eyes drifted towards the clock , it's hands fixated on eight and twelve. Fortunately , it was Saturday - and breakfast was always served late on weekends.

Most would be going to Hogsmeade , which provided her with an odd sort of relief as she realised that most of the castle would be only to herself , free to go wherever she wished. Even if it was only for a few hours , she still looked forward to exploring the realms of the vast castle that had been left untouched by numerous.

Her hand curled gently around her reading glasses , and she put it on. Blinking twice as her vision adjusted , she made her way out of the room - feet moving down the spiral of stairs that led to the common room.

Emerald light of the Black Lake coruscated against the pristine furniture , shadows dancing across the walls of dark wood - candle flames brightening the room that was dark even during the daylight.

As she swiftly walked across - her eyes connected with mercury ones , those that glistened with warmth unknown to the Slytherin. Narcissa Black smiled at her , cranberry lips curled upwards - no sign of judgment or criticism in her posture.