51. all was fine

Adalina Salvatore

I had always wondered how would it look like if betrayal was a place. I knew then as I stared down at my cousin who I held at the end of a gun point. We were once partner in crime at the beginning of time but the universe had a funny way of crossing and changing people's fate.

I often thought about what I would do when I saw him again and how the conversation went. All I wanted to do now was tearing out his throat and dug out his heart like he did mine.

Death was a bullet away from him but Blaze Hasting might as well be radianting lies and snakes, a slimey royal one himself. I was so pissed off I wished him a horrible time in hell. Satan better hates his ass.

" Adalina. " he uttered my name with a weak sigh, slumping his body down the side of my bathtub.

" Disgrace. " I spat back in his face.

I knocked my revolver across his jaw, sending his head backward. The sound of his jaw cracking and skull clashing against the hard marble sent a string of satisfying chills down my spine. I admired the blood dripping from his temple to his cheek as I let my frustration loose through the punches I threw, hooking my fist everywhere I could until my knuckles bruised and my dignity shuddered as my own blood spilled because of the unworthy trashy traitor of a best friend.

Grabbing him by the collar of his unruly dress shirt, I forced him off the ground while he wiped the blood off of his fucked up face and the corner of his head.

" Fight me. " I grumbled, tucking the revolver between my breasts. Eden should've been here to see this. I bet the bastard would enjoy the view.

" I'm not here to fight you, your majesty. " Blaze muttered, pulling a silk handkerchief out of his pocket before dapping his face with it.

He cursed at the sight of his own blood staining the piece of delicate fabric. I watched him, narrowing my eyes and studying him. He knew about the secret ceremony and we thought we were being slick.

If I was panicking, I didn't dare let it show on my face. I learned the certain blank looks from the best and I aimed to do my mentor proud even though my heart was pounding a mile a second inside my chest.

While he on the other hand was as casual as he could be, like he wasn't beaten up by me merely seconds ago like we didn't have a whole team going after him. I ran the blue print of this palace in my head, trying to find out how the fuck could he get in and out without being detected.

I needed a new security system for fuck sake.

" We need to talk. " he said, frowning at himself in the mirror before pulling my vanity chair and sat on it.

I tutted my chin up and tucked my arms on top of my chest, leaning my side on the bathtub. I humored him on as I turned on the water to fill the human sized bowl because I planned to drown him in it then mixed his blood with his favorite bubble bath in the next ten minutes.

" Fascinating. Tell me how do you plan to take my crown. " I asked, smiling a little.

I cut him off before he could slide in another word. " You're speaking to the queen of England. Show your respect. "

I must be hallucinating this whole scenario because if anything, the slithering snake looked almost proud and a little startled by the force of his amusement. He sighed quietly under my stern glare then proceeded to rise his hand and placed it over his heart, bowing his head slightly.

" A true queen and yet you're still not enough. " he chuckled humorlessly.

Not good enough on the throne because I was barely a crowned princess. Because I spent half a decade away from my birth country, from my people and responsibilities. I didn't attend enough charity balls and waved my hands around enough therefore I would be a terrible queen. I knew that. I read all those bullshit on the papers and the board told me every chances they got. I didn't need him to remind me about it. I could careless about the negative feedbacks.