49. to my blood family

Adalina Salvatore

Blaze Hasting was my best friend. I would have given him my whole world and all he had to do was ask.

His bloodshot eyes flashed before my mind. I focused on the loaded revolver in his hand, aiming straight at my head. His designer shirt covered in the drying blood of everyone I had ever loved. Sickeningly sweet metallic scent hung heavy in the air. I could taste the gun powder on my tongue and the bittersweet poison he might have used to kill his own aunt and uncle.

I let the pain of his betrayal sank into my system, fueling the fire inside my chest and building a hundred feet tall walls around what was left of my humanity.

" Blaze Hasting, the duke of Cornwall, is banned from the palace ground. Effective immediately. " I spoke from the head of the court room table that used to be my father's seat.

" If he was seen, I want him brought to me with his heart still beating but barely alive. "

I wanted to be the one to look at him dead in the eyes when I shoved my dagger into his black heart before ripping it out. I wanted him to feel all the pain I once did, his betrayal and everything that happened in my life.

" We can't just go out with our gun blazing and capture a respected duke let alone beat him near death. His grace father will surely be turning in his grave along with yours, your highness. " a grey haired advisor said from the other end of the table.

Aunt Elizabeth narrowed her perfectly made up eyes at me from her a few seats down. Zach was beside her, looking like he would rather be anywhere but here. He was here for my moral support. It was nice to be around familiar faces but at the same time so horrifying. I wasn't sure if I knew these people.

A few whispers of what their duke of Cornwall could possibly to be under my wrath filled the air across the hallow room.

" When I become queen, you will not question my commands. " I muttered and the whispers faded in an instant.

" You either support me and guide me through my decisions or you go against me and end up in a ditch somewhere. Surely you know who my husband is. " I almost smiled at the thought of him.

" I apologize, your highness. " the old man cleared his throat but the anger in his eyes didn't go unnoticed.

I waved him off with a lazy hand and gestured the board to follow on with the damn meeting while I would be listening like a good future queen they expected me to be.

This one was for you, mom and dad. I mentally sighed.

The meeting turned into coronation ceremony planning. They went on about the traditions I must follow and the trillion duties I needed to take. I learned all this by the time I was eleven. They needed to chill and back off my case.

Then the board started again on the mistakes and reckless decisions I had to avoid, precisely about going around killing my subjects only because they disrespected me. But, they only did imply it no one dared spat out the real truth.

They were playing pretend that their sweet obnoxious princess didn't just create a bloody massacre all those weeks ago. But, I knew they was a little startled by me now.

I raised the fine China and brought it up to my lips as I listened on, sipping straight whiskey with perfect grace. A heavy crown made of gold tilted on top of my head.

My cream colored corset dress felt exactly like an armor today with a daring neckline that dipped so low, my breasts were almost halfway out. Little lilac wild flowers, white daisies and green leaves crawled over the tiny straps shaped like vines hanging on my shoulders. It flowed down all the way to the ground with a teasing slit on the side. With a killer dagger strapped to my thigh underneath the soft fabric and a handgun hidden between my breasts I was ready to murder the entire Hasting bloodline and everyone in this room.