20. i got you

Adalina Salvatore

There had to be at least a few dozen of guns being pointed at our heads, especially mine. They were dressed in black tuxedos and black sunglasses. They were here for a funeral, mine to be exact. I scanned the crowd with my best blank expression but my heart was pounding inside my chest. There was no way we could get away with three people on our team.

Eden slammed the door shut in their faces.

" That wasn't thirty something men. " I cleared my throat, making the two men stared at me totally unimpressed by the fact.

" I apologize for my miscalculation, princess. " Eden muttered under his breath.

Ace, the handsome blonde assassin huffed before standing up and stalked toward the door again. Eden didn't even try to stop him when he opened the door and stuck his head outside.

" I apologize for the inconvenience, gentlemen. We have got into a bit of a situation over here on the other side. See you in a bit. Adios bitches. " he throw a middle finger in the air.

When the door was shut again, he turned toward us and his expression made an one eighty change. " I think we have a problem. "

Eden looked like he had never seen a more stupid thing in his entire life. " Didn't you singlehandedly kill a couple of hundred men before? "

" I had plan then. We don't have a plan right now. This is a suicide mission. Did you see how many guns were being pointed at us? "

" I want to die a handsome corpse not with bullet holes all over my body. " Ace said, running a hand through his hair.

Then he dropped his body to the ground and sat with his legs crossed, scanning the castle casually. " How many guns do you have in this big ass house or whatever the hell it is? "

" You have two hands. What are you trying to say, Ace? We're very much outnumbered. " Eden sighed, taking a seat a few feet away from him.

" Don't underestimate the power of Ace Beckett working under pressure. You bet your ass I can shoot a motherfucker with my dick. "

" The hospital fee won't be free when you accidentally shoot your own dick. "

" I came here to kill your wife not to die with you in a hopeless battle. At least help me cure my dick, you ungrateful bitch. "

I watched their back and forth bickering with my mouth hanging opened. My husband looked like he lost his will to live every passing seconds while Ace looked very much chill and relax despite all the scared to die fit he had been throwing.

Salvatore men were hard to understand enough. But, a Salvatore and a Beckett together in the same room was a lost case.

I felt like I was going to need a therapy session after this that if we made it out of here alive.

Clearing my throat, I waved my phone in the air. " I called your father and texted your brothers for help. They're on their ways. "

" Why the fuck didn't I think of that? " Ace said, scratching his head in confusion. Eden sighed again.

The castle was stuffy. There was not single of wind shifted through in the last few minutes but I was cold down to my spine. I shivered at the thought of the blood battle awaiting us outside.

I scared of the fact that dying wasn't scary at the moment but the thought of pulling other people into my mess wired my mind and raked my brain.

It would hurt more than a bullet if Eden got hurt because of me.