10. tearing the ice prince

Adalina Salvatore

The asshole shoved a towel in my face. Again.

I glared at him saying that I usually slept naked. I told him that I was doing him a favor by wearing this. He huffed and told me to cut the bullshits. He knew exactly what was I trying to do and that seducing him wasn't going to change his mind about this marriage.

My husband basically declared that he would never fall in love with me. I took it as a fucking challenge.

I went to bed pissed off as fuck. And, when morning came and he was nowhere to be found. I woke up alone in the ginormous bed. The bastard slept on the fucking couch. Groaning, in frustration I got up and started to get ready for the day. We were invited to lunch with the king and queen, my parents.

" Where are you going, your highness? " Thane came into view the moment I stepped my feet down on the staircase. A ghost smile appeared on my face because he was respectful enough to keep his eyes trained on my face and not an inch further down my neck.

" Where's Eden? Aren't you supposed to be with him? " I asked, cocking my eyebrow at him.

" He went to the hospital. I was assigned to guard you from now on. " he said as he followed me into the dining room.

I sat down at the table with a frown on my face while the maid came rushing in with my tea in her hand. I said thank you and started drinking. " I told him last night, we're having brunch with my parents today. Is he free in the afternoon? "

" Did you email him the details, your highness? " he asked, furrowing his eyebrow.

" I need to email my own fucking husband in order to eat lunch with him? " I almost choked on my tea.

Thane handed me a handkerchief with a weird looks on his face. It was clear as hell he wasn't joking about this. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as I continued to stare at him.

" Why don't you go visit him at the hospital, your highness? " he quickly suggested.

" Fantastic. You're a genius, Thane. Let's go. " I squealed, grabbing my purse and started to run out of the door.

The ride to the hospital was rather long so I took my time bonding with my husband's bodyguard and closest friend. Thane told me all about his boss ignorant behavior and how he was scared shitless of Eden sometimes, but despite all that my husband was the best boss he could ever ask for. He helped Thane with his family's problems and actually treated him like an actual person, minus when he totally ignored his existence most of the time.

" He called you an annoying parasite the whole year? " I threw my head back laughing hysterically.

" Yes, the first year that I was assigned to protect him. " Thane pinched the bridge of his nose annoyingly.

" Tell me more. " I leaned forward, placing my chin on the passenger's seat.

Conversation with him was easy. Hell, I had talked to him more than I talked to my husband and it had only been ten minutes. A perfectly healthy marriage I had there.

I put on my shades when we arrived at Eden's workplace. Stepping out of the car, I tilted my head up admiring the tall building in pride. Salvatore Medicare written in gold branded the place and I couldn't help smiling. This was all his, where he felt like home.

All heads turned toward me when we stepped inside the building. Thane walked a few steps behind me glaring at every person who looked my ways. I almost regretted wearing this black satin dress that showed half of my tits.