6. another lover

Adalina Salvatore

He walked a few feet in front of me and even with his back facing me, I could tell he had a big scowl on his face. I mentally sighed as I followed him into the elevator with his bodyguard, Thane, following closely behind me.

It was awkward. The air thickened until the square room was suddenly twenty times smaller. I felt trapped under the curse of his ignorance. My own husband didn't even bother to spare me a glance, let alone said a word to me.

Best fucking marriage ever!

My dearest mother in law however had arranged us a tour around Paris, one that we couldn't just skip or she would have his head delivered to her on a silver platter. Her words not mine. I loved that woman with a passion.

But, that certain threat had worsened my husband's already bad mood into something else. I wanted to say something, to tell him that he needed to grow the hell up and swallowed the fact that he was now my husband but Thane had another opinion. He knew my insults would only make it worse and I agreed.

My twenty seven years old husband was worse than a fucking child.

The elevator came to an abrupt stop and he walked out without a single care in the world. I figured I was barely a shadow to him. Sighing, I followed him to the hotel's exit. Eden swung the glass door opened and walked out before he slammed it right back in my face.

Chivalry was fucking dead.

" That's it. I won't tolerate this any longer. You are acting like a fucking child. " I shouted after him.

He didn't even look back at me. He just kept walking down the road and entered the car that was waiting for us. I glared at his unbothered state as I took the seat beside him.

" Talk to me. " I hissed.

" I don't want to. "

" What kind of husband doesn't want to talk to his own bloody wife? " I snapped, making Thane flinched in the driver's seat.

" Divorce me and I shall find you a husband who talks. "

" You're unbelievable. Which part of I will never divorce you that you don't understand? "

" All of it. " he said, looking out the window.

I would never imagine myself in this situation. Paris was supposed to be romantic, a happy place for people to get to know each other but he made the magic of the city vanished as I spent the whole tour listing my reasons why I would never divorce his cold ass.

He listened to every words, I knew he did judging by the growing frown on his face. He didn't say a word. He acted like I was talking to myself which was incredibly embarrassing but I couldn't careless.

With drying throat, we walked back to the hotel through the snow covered city shivering underneath our thick coats. My phone dinged inside my pocket breaking the silence between us.

" Hello. " I greeted, smiling.

My favorite person on earth. He was a guardian angel indeed.

" Are you going to the ball tonight, your highness? " Blaze asked.

" Of course. Mom and dad insisted I go. "

" Bring the prince. " he said before hanging up the phone.

I stared blankly at the black screen dumbfounded. How the hell was I supposed to convince him to go. It might have been a few days since we married but even a dead person could tell this dude hated parties. He didn't even want to attend our own bloody wedding.