Chapter 3

Lena leads Kara back up into her hotel room by the hand. Even after walking in, neither let the other go. They decide (alright, mostly Kara decides) to lounge in bed and watch Disney movies for the rest of the day. She hopes it'll be relaxing after such a turbulent night.

Lena lends Kara some sweatpants that barely fit over her muscular thighs and butt. Lena finds herself staring more at Kara than at the television. She can't believe how lucky she was that this wonderfully kind and caring woman entered her life. Lena feels at home with her, like she can trust her.

Kara is fully focused on singing along with all her favorite movies. While she is naturally goofy, she gets the sense that it helps to put her new friend at ease. Something about her pulls at Kara. She wants to get to know the mysterious woman even better and spend more time with her. To Kara's dismay, hard knocks interrupt her belting out "Be a Man" in Mulan. Lena hurriedly pauses the movie and apologizes for the interruption.

"I'm so sorry, Kara. I'm not sure who that is. Just give me a moment," Lena pleas while climbing off the bed.

"It's alright, Lena. But I will rewind it to start the song over again," Kara says with a smile plastered to her face.

Lena rushes out of the bedroom and looks through the peephole before answering the door. She lets out a sigh before answering it. "Veronica. Andrea. What are you doing here?" Lena asks.

The two women push past Lena and plop on the couch. "Well, you weren't answering our texts. And since when is it a problem that we stop by?" Andrea snips.

"It's not a problem. I'm sorry I haven't responded. I had a rough night." Lena doesn't make any eye contact with either of them.

"Oh no, don't tell us that Morgan and Maxwell turned you down!" Victoria exclaims.

Lena audibly scoffs, "You knew they were there? You knew that and left me alone with them?"

"Well, duh. You needed to get laid. What's the problem, Lena?" Andrea challenges.

"You both know what they are known for. Why would you leave me alone with them?" Lena is getting angry.

Veronica and Andrea share a silent look with each other. "You didn't have a problem with that the last time you were with them."

Lena can feel the tears welling up in her eyes. She can't believe that her friends didn't do anything when the men targeted her other night. Then, another thought suddenly hits her. "What do you mean the last time? I never told either of you what happened the last time."

This time, Veronica scoffs, "You didn't have to. Max and Morgan told us about what a slut you are. We didn't want to hang around and see that."

"Get out," Lena whispers. A tear tracks down her face.

"Oh come on, Lena. Don't act like you didn't want it," Andrea prods.

"GET! OUT!" Lena shouts.

The two women jolt on the couch at the sudden loudness. Before they even have a chance to say anything, Kara is bolting into the room, "Lee! Are you alright?!"
Kara quickly lays eyes on the women on the couch before snapping her eyes back to Lena. She desperately wants to ask what is going on, but she stops herself when she can see Lena literally trembling. Turning her face towards the couch but not taking her eyes off Lena, Kara confidently states, "I think you should both do as she said and leave. Now."

"Lena, quit being so ridiculous. It's just Max and Edge. Get over yourself," Veronica says venomously.

Upon recognizing those names and witnessing the subtle flinch from her friend, Kara snaps to immediate attention and levels a gaze on the women that threatens to incinerate them. She stands at her full height with her muscles taut and clenched jaw and fists. With steel in her voice, she quietly demands, "Leave. Right now. Do not contact her again unless she tells you to."